Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   What to keep? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492585)

P!nkPepper 02-17-2013 09:06 PM

I have a larger food processor, a knock-off Magic Bullet & a blender. I know the blender is a keeper for milkshakes, smoothies & home-made orange julieus'. I can't make those with either of the others. I tried & failed. They only thing I used the food processor for is hummus. Pretty sure I could use the bullet thing for that. Should I sell the food processor? I haven't even used it in a year! Heck, I haven't even made hummus in the long. Guess I should make some hummus with the bullet & see if that works right? Then I could answer my own question :giggle: .

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

90924teeth 02-17-2013 10:44 PM

I'd sell the magic bullet and keep the processor. I don't know the ages of your children but I always think ahead and they will grow and so will the portions. I also think the processor is more versatile.

Prettylocks 02-17-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90924teeth
I'd sell the magic bullet and keep the processor. I don't know the ages of your children but I always think ahead and they will grow and so will the portions. I also think the processor is more versatile.

Ita :)

loganzmama 02-17-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quickshep19 (Post 16300834)
I have a larger food processor, a knock-off Magic Bullet & a blender. I know the blender is a keeper for milkshakes, smoothies & home-made orange julieus'. I can't make those with either of the others. I tried & failed. They only thing I used the food processor for is hummus. Pretty sure I could use the bullet thing for that. Should I sell the food processor? I haven't even used it in a year! Heck, I haven't even made hummus in the long. Guess I should make some hummus with the bullet & see if that works right? Then I could answer my own question :giggle: .

OT but how do you make your orange Julieus? :)

coffeemama 02-17-2013 11:33 PM

Re: What to keep?

I would keep the processor as well. It seems more versatile but, I am biased as I had a Magic Bullet and HATED it and got rid of it even though I dont have a processor LOL.

pgkcb13 02-18-2013 01:03 AM

I would keep the food processor over the magic bullet, the motor sucks on those and will never last making hummus. That said, if you have a nice blender you may be able to make hummus in that... you could also make your own nut/seed butters in the food processor...

Either way I'd get rid of the bullet ;)

P!nkPepper 02-18-2013 08:46 AM

I was feeling guilty since my mom gave the bullet to me recently. This is a new thing for me since we used to live 500 miles away & we just got gifts for holidays. We get nice stuff every few weeks now.

I think I shall add it to my box for my brother. He just moved in with his GF and her kids and they lack kitchen items. :mrgreen:

badmisterkitty 02-18-2013 09:51 AM

The hummus recipe I use can be made in the blender. Could you make yours in the blender?

P!nkPepper 02-18-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmisterkitty (Post 16302181)
The hummus recipe I use can be made in the blender. Could you make yours in the blender?

I don't know, maybe. It the the hummus recipe from here "holy good hummus" or something like that (with no tahinni) in the kitchen forum. I have it saved.

Lanolin 02-18-2013 01:08 PM

Just the blender. and find a recipe for hummus that works for the blender :)