Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My dog is disgusting (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492628)

mrspopo 02-18-2013 01:00 AM

My dog is disgusting

Is there any good reason why my dog sneaks off with poopy diapers and licks them clean? You'd think we weren't feeding her or something, but she acts like it's a delicacy. I swear I can see her salivating when the diaper sprayer comes out.

Anyone else deal with this? Anyone else as incredibly disgusted by this as I am? And why on earth would this be appealing? The litter box also gets raided if it isn't blocked off properly. Yuck!

Earthy Momma 02-18-2013 01:36 AM

Re: My dog is disgusting

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! :giggle2: :yuck:

DOGS R DISGUSTING!!! (i have 2!)

i just 'caught' my dog sneakn licks off DS's poopy diaper the other day!! omg!! nasty!!! :roflmbo:

he hasnt gotten so sneaky to run off with them he just sat there and ever so sneakilly was licking DS diaper while i was finishing up the change...
i dont have a kitty litter box (im unfortunately allergic to cats :banghead: )
but im sure if i did that thing would get raded too, PUKE PUKE PUKE!!!!

idk..DS is sorta i the peanut buttery poop stage...mostly b****** but does eat and is eating more..i guess i 'sorta get it because dogs like STINKY things, for some awful reason..in my crazy opinion though i 'prefer/like' (well not sure like it the correct term) nb bf poop though..smell...maybe NOT..i guess definitely just PREFER it to BIG TODDLER stinky turds LOL
hopefully that doesnt make me sound like a complete NUT!

i at least hope ur dog didnt start munching the actual diapers... could u imagine the FSOT description for that diaper??!!! LOL :mrgreen: :lostit:

junvwekt 02-18-2013 05:34 AM

Ew!!! Growing up, my parents had outdoor dogs & they would escape the yard & go in search of dirty diapers somewhere in the neighborhood... of course, then bring them back & shred them in our yard.

Also, if they got into our trash, they would take out used feminine pads and chew them all up. AAACKKK!!!!! :yuck:

SamanthaLove88 02-18-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspopo (Post 16301470)
Is there any good reason why my dog sneaks off with poopy diapers and licks them clean? You'd think we weren't feeding her or something, but she acts like it's a delicacy. I swear I can see her salivating when the diaper sprayer comes out.

Anyone else deal with this? Anyone else as incredibly disgusted by this as I am? And why on earth would this be appealing? The litter box also gets raided if it isn't blocked off properly. Yuck!

I just posted a similar thread about my DISGUSTING beagle. It is truly gag-worthy. I often wonder what he is thinking when he goes in for the kill. Hopefully your dog doesn't go on a rampage and start eating other things like mine has been doing :( But poopy diapers and cat box is the worst! It's almost like he thinks "oh mom isn't looking, snack time!" :yuck:

knodceo 02-18-2013 05:50 AM

Our dog does it. Vets says it is a mothering thing.

essential1892 02-18-2013 05:56 AM

My min pin would eat poop out of the kids little potty seats- it was nasty. I always get worried he is going to tear open my wet bag thats in the bathroom and eat my diapers.

Tclem75 02-18-2013 06:01 AM

At least your pup is only lickin them, I lost a Bg to mine trying to eat the whole darn thing! Mine loved the kitty poops too so we had to switch to a top entry litter box. Crazy pups!

MBRA518 02-18-2013 06:47 AM

Dogs just like poop... Any poop. We have horses and horse poo is a true doggy delicacy... Yuck. And not a mothering thing... Male dogs do it too, though mother dogs do eat their puppies poop to keep the welping area clean. Just be glad they are not rolling in it. My dog likes to find random poop in the woods and roll in it... Truly gross as then you have to wash them too.

delladea 02-18-2013 07:35 AM

LOL! Our dogs will follow our chickens around the yard, licking up chicken poop. Once one of our dogs managed to sneak INTO the chicken coop and was licking the perches clean!! Totally gross, but every dog I've ever had has liked eating poop.

lalaura 02-18-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delladea
LOL! Our dogs will follow our chickens around the yard, licking up chicken poop. Once one of our dogs managed to sneak INTO the chicken coop and was licking the perches clean!! Totally gross, but every dog I've ever had has liked eating poop.

My dog does this too! Yuck

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone