Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Postpartum closet try-on after second child (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492630)

BigSamsMom 02-18-2013 01:19 AM

Postpartum closet try-on after second child

What was your experience in fitting back into your work wardrobe after your second child, if you lost all the weight?
I am afraid I may be getting way too hopeful, because today was the first day I fit back into a pair of pre-prego jeans:goodvibes:. With my first child, I also lost all the weight, but my whole body shape changed and I ended up having to purchase a whole new work wardrobe anyways:yuck:. Not to mention all new shoes too...because my feet grew a whole size! That was an EXPENSIVE process that I am hoping to avoid again. FWIW, I am almost 10 weeks postpartum and will be returning to work on the 25th - business dress. So I have to do the big try-on this week, and I am afraid I am getting too hopeful (because of my jeans success today) that the 5-6 suits I purchased right before I got pregnant with DS2 will fit. Losing that investment would make me :banghead: So I am interested to know what other's experience was after subsequent children - was it another drastic change in shape like with your first, or were you just about the same?

I am so dreading this and have been avoiding it for weeks.

jaelynsmommy61607 02-18-2013 02:20 AM

With each child my muffin top grew. And the clothes fit but got tight around the waist.

BigSamsMom 02-18-2013 12:30 PM

Re: Postpartum closet try-on after second child

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 (Post 16301499)
With each child my muffin top grew. And the clothes fit but got tight around the waist.

Thanks! I am expecting this as a normal change, along with increased hip girth... still have the good ol' jelly belly at this point. I think today is the day to go survey the damage:cry:. Suits might fit even with an increased waist line, as I remember them being comfortably loose around the waist to begin with. I am just scared of the really odd changes that I experienced with DS1, my upper arms were slightly larger, my shoulders got broader, my waist got longer, my thighs were more slender:headscratch:.... I seriously couldn't pull off some of the styles I wore pre-children: peplum waists, short jackets, a-line skirts, cap-sleeved shirts all suddenly looked ridiculous on me... it was so odd. I am praying the changes aren't that significant again, it took me a good two years to re-build my professional wardrobe after DS1. I don't want to go through that again.

Spicymustard 02-18-2013 04:42 PM

I fit in my clothes no problem after my first. After my second was a bit different.

The Fancy Pansy 02-18-2013 05:00 PM

I changed drastically after my first, but remained mostly the same after my second (but took me much longer to lose the weight). I just had a little more tummy pooch after #2.

BigSamsMom 02-18-2013 10:45 PM

I still haven't wandered into my closet to try on... yet. It's so ridiculous I am having such a hard time with this... it's those dadgum brand new suits hanging in the back, that I only wore once. FWIW, it was one of those shopping experiences of a lifetime. I walked into Dillards with zero expectations and walked out with a whole wardrobe of new suits I bought on clearance....even better, not a single one needed to be altered, which is rare for me since I am petite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicymustard (Post 16304100)
I fit in my clothes no problem after my first. After my second was a bit different.

This scares me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy (Post 16304148)
I changed drastically after my first, but remained mostly the same after my second (but took me much longer to lose the weight). I just had a little more tummy pooch after #2.

This is what I am hoping for!

The Fancy Pansy 02-19-2013 07:43 AM

It took my hips quite a while to go back to "normal" despite the weight issue, so if something doesn't fit, give yourself a while longer for your body to adjust before falling into wardrobe depression. :)

momma@2 02-19-2013 11:11 AM

After my first I thought id never get back to my "normal" size and had come to terms with it.....after a bit more time what do you know "I'm back"

BigSamsMom 02-20-2013 10:33 AM

Well ladies.. I did it, went and tried everything on and only one suit fits:banghead: (Brown Pin Striped Tahari Pant Suit - at least it was my FAVORITE:goodvibes:) and my decades old classic black A-line skirt. That's it, except for the blouses/tops that aren't too problematic with my BFing boobs. It's not nearly enough to get me through my first week, so I am off to the Dillards petite clearance racks and Goodwill to build an in between business dress wardrobe. Pray for me, that I have the same luck I did finding all those suits on clearance pre-pregnancy. Did I mention, I HATE SHOPPING!
I guess the good thing is, I will eventually be able to wear everything again, in about 8-10 pounds. My whole shape didn't change like it did with DS1. Suit Gods, please smile down upon me today, as I've only got 5 days left!