Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   First appointment and scared to death! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492756)

newMama9.08 02-18-2013 12:27 PM

First appointment and scared to death!

Hi ladies,
Today I have my first confirmation of this pregnancy (vs. the gazillion pee sticks I have), and I'm so scared that it won't go well! I had a miscarriage in May and I found out about this little one right near what would have been the due date for the lost one, so I'm hopeful that things are going along just fine, but I'm also super nervous. My appointment is in an hour and I couldn't sleep last night! Wish me luck!

Oh, and "Hi" everyone and congratulations!

abunchoflemons 02-18-2013 12:31 PM

Re: First appointment and scared to death!

congratulations. breathe.

BigSamsMom 02-18-2013 12:41 PM

Relax, chances are you have a sticky bean, especially if you've been noticing a gradual increase in depth of color in your pee sticks. I spent my whole pregnancy with DS1 on pins and needles, because I miscarried the month prior to conceiving him. My doc told me that the first pregnancy after a miscarriage usually sticks. She says it's like your body needed a practice run first, before it was ready to go the long haul.... as disheartening as that is. When I got pregnant with DS2, I went prior to my first appt. to have HCG bloodwork done, two days apart, to make sure my levels were doubling. They were, and that gave me peace of mind, while waiting for the first appt.

newMama9.08 02-18-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSamsMom (Post 16303239)
Relax, chances are you have a sticky bean, especially if you've been noticing a gradual increase in depth of color in your pee sticks. I spent my whole pregnancy with DS1 on pins and needles, because I miscarried the month prior to conceiving him. My doc told me that the first pregnancy after a miscarriage usually sticks. She says it's like your body needed a practice run first, before it was ready to go the long haul.... as disheartening as that is. When I got pregnant with DS2, I went prior to my first appt. to have HCG bloodwork done, two days apart, to make sure my levels were doubling. They were, and that gave me peace of mind, while waiting for the first appt.

Yes, I did that and the numbers look good, and I'm super nauseous (which I haven't really been with my other two), so all good signs (as well as no blood) but I'm just irrationally scarred. Thanks for the support, out the door now!:thumbsup:

newMama9.08 02-19-2013 06:39 AM

Thanks for your feedback and support-- we saw a heartbeat yesterday but the baby is measuring behind where I think I should be; the bean was measuring 7 weeks 1 day, and I should have been 7 weeks 6 days. The midwife wasn't worried, but of course I am a little nervous. She was nice enough to say that I could come back in two weeks to see what's going on in there... Thanks again for the support! :goodvibes:

UVASahm 02-19-2013 07:00 AM

A few days in either direction doesn't mean much. It might just mean you ovulated a few days later or the babe was a late implanter. But if course you are worried! It's wonderful you saw the hb! My doctor said that after you see the hb the odds of mc goes down A LOT!