Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   3rd tri heartburn...... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492860)

momneedssupport 02-18-2013 06:22 PM

3rd tri heartburn......

What worked for you?? Last time i had a nexium connection........not this time. Now everything i ingest is causing heartburn, water, tea, any food:(

twinpossible 02-18-2013 06:45 PM

Re: 3rd tri heartburn......

Papaya/Pineapple enzymes before every big meal. Tons of water. Those are the only thing that has helped me.

AniMommy 02-18-2013 07:38 PM

Teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in a small glass of water. I could feel the relief as I swollowed.

momneedssupport 02-18-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AniMommy (Post 16304696)
Teaspoon of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in a small glass of water. I could feel the relief as I swollowed.

Ive tried that before.......barf, i couldnt even swallow. :(

Someone else told be papaya.....health food store??

birdinhand 02-18-2013 08:15 PM

The baking soda/water, while instantly fixes the issue, and is my favorite when the reflux is choke-ingly high in my throat, isn't the best for pregnant women as it can throw off electrolyte balances.

I hav taken Nexium during my pregnancies, and this time I didn't want to spend the $30/rx, so I have been taking Prilosec and it works just as well.

I have a hiatal hernia and a duodenal ulcer -- I have tried just about everything, from the enzymes to chiropractic adjustments to move my stomach down and help my diaphragm get into a better place. In the end, this is one thing I choose to take medication for :(.

twinpossible 02-18-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momneedssupport (Post 16304833)

Yep, they sell it at my Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

momneedssupport 02-18-2013 08:44 PM

Might grab some while im out tomorrow, thanks!

I cant imagine it being worse, big hugs.

Im 34 weeks so ive been lucky to make it this far.

AniMommy 02-18-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momneedssupport

Haha. I didn't say it tasted good, I said it worked. But it is true that it's not good to use it a lot when preggo. But it works when 8 tums did nothing.

momneedssupport 02-18-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AniMommy (Post 16305035)

Haha. I didn't say it tasted good, I said it worked. But it is true that it's not good to use it a lot when preggo. But it works when 8 tums did nothing.

Lol. My tums dosage has gone up the last 2 days!! But ive got a killer gag reflex, blech.

bai18176 02-18-2013 10:46 PM

I've been doing Zantac. I take the low dose in the am and the pm because it's terrible :(. Chia seeds are good; swallow them whole with water, but my gag reflex is off the charts right now, so I'm sticking with what works. Hope you find something that helps!