Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone have a stash with no prefolds or flats? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492956)

sweetest 02-19-2013 06:54 AM

Anyone have a stash with no prefolds or flats?

I'm thinking of getting rid of the flats that I never use... I got rid of all my prefolds a while back and have no regrets. I also have pins/snappis/boingo that I could destash if I didn't have the flats...

My current stash is:

15 BG 4.0 (three of these are for night diapers)
11 Large Sandy's - just on the verge of fitting, but really bulky
4 Small Sandy's OTW... I'm going to order more if they fit well
25 Capri inserts for the pockets (probably selling some of these...)
11 Babykicks medium hemp doublers
6 Thirsties fab doublers

I love how simple this stash is (I do need some covers and would like to even the Sandys up to a dozen each if I like the smalls). I use sposies for vacations and when I run behind on laundry (which doesn't happen often).

The think is I like the idea of the flats but not the actually flats themselves :giggle2: When I started out I thought I was going to use all flats and prefolds and I had no pockets in my stash (because I didn't think I would like them,ha)

So if you have no flats in your stash tell me it's ok to let mine go :thumbsup:

lalalion 02-19-2013 07:05 AM

Re: Anyone have a stash with no prefolds or flats?

I never had any. I had GroVia AIOs and hybrids for daytime and BG pockets for night. That's it.

UVASahm 02-19-2013 07:11 AM

I don't have any flats. I can barely get my husband on board with cding. Let alone pinning flats!

Nerissa 02-19-2013 07:29 AM

It is just fine to not use prefolds/flats

I do have them in my stash but they get used for chew toys for DD/spit towels. I have thought about selling them but the shipping cost would eat to much of the proffit. I will use them for whatever and keep them on hand JIK and then they can become cleaning/kitchen towels when diapering is done.

My main stash is all AIO for daycare and night. Fitteds and wool for at home (just me)

mypeanut09 02-19-2013 07:33 AM

I have some but they just sit in a drawer, I rarely get in the mood to use them. I think they've been used maybe 20 times in the last year.

dncnshu00 02-19-2013 07:35 AM

No flats here either! We use AIOs and do have a few pockets as well.

BabyElephant 02-19-2013 07:46 AM

Never had any prefolds (but thinking about buying some now I have some gPants on the way!) I had some flats which I used as liners for the changing mat.

dagmomma 02-19-2013 07:53 AM

With ds1 I only had a stash of bg3.0 and never thought about any other diaper. I got into the pf phase when ds2 was born and the flat phase when dd was born. I do do Pfs and flats during the day but I do not typically leave the house in them. I just love how clean they was h with our crazy hard water otherwise we would probably just be in all aios

FernHollow 02-19-2013 08:00 AM

There is nothing wrong with that! I had a stash of only AIOs for my youngest son's first year and it was great!

lalaura 02-19-2013 08:02 AM

I have some prefolds but am thinking about selling we just don't use them .

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone