Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do you think? Chickenpox? Ecsema? Something else? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492975)

melissamomof3girls 02-19-2013 09:27 AM

What do you think? Chickenpox? Ecsema? Something else?

This daughter had one vaccine for it and then we quit vaccinating her so she didn't get the complete series. But even so, I was sure my girls already had a light case of it a year 1/2 ago after we knew we were quite exposed to it.

Anyway, she woke up today with pimple spots all over her chest and belly. Nothing has changed. No new foods. No new anything? She says they don't itch yet. She has no other symptoms. Another child in the house has a cold though.

What do you think? It's no biggie to me if it is, I'm just curious

My pictures should enlarge a bit if you click on them.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/IMG_3413.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/IMG_3414.jpg

canadianbakers 02-19-2013 09:48 AM

Re: What do you think? Chickenpox? Ecsema? Something else?

Definitely could be chicken pox. I'd keep her around the house for a day or 2 to see how they change (chicken pox will get bigger and more blister-y), just in case. Der, just realized there are other kids - all would be staying out of public places until I knew for sure :)
Not eczema, or at least not like any I've seen on my kids or myself.
If it was just one or 2 in one spot I'd say just irritation to something or scratching or something, but that looks like something more.

l_Kimmie_l 02-19-2013 10:16 AM

Looks like it could be the beginning of the pox. They will get bigger if so, break, and get more over the next few days. I get excema and it is definately not that.

melissamomof3girls 02-19-2013 10:22 AM

Thank you ladies. I will keep an eye on them and see what happens. :)

ohgirlohboyohno 02-19-2013 01:39 PM

yeah looks like what my oldest had...even though she had the pox vaccine twice...we thought it was acne but it quickly all burst (not like acne) and then the baby(not vaccine) got them too...all had pox

melissamomof3girls 02-19-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno (Post 16307372)
yeah looks like what my oldest had...even though she had the pox vaccine twice...we thought it was acne but it quickly all burst (not like acne) and then the baby(not vaccine) got them too...all had pox

Did hers itch? I know the girls had a very light, atypical case of them after their first exposure. But it doesn't surprise me they could get them again since it wasn't a real full blown case.

I guess I'll know for sure if my son gets them. Last exposure he was about 17 months old and had *just* weaned so he was still immune from me I guess. He didn't even get one spot.

Kiliki 02-19-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers (Post 16306346)
Definitely could be chicken pox. I'd keep her around the house for a day or 2 to see how they change (chicken pox will get bigger and more blister-y), just in case. Der, just realized there are other kids - all would be staying out of public places until I knew for sure :)
Not eczema, or at least not like any I've seen on my kids or myself.
If it was just one or 2 in one spot I'd say just irritation to something or scratching or something, but that looks like something more.

Agree with this.

Op, I could have written your EXACT post a couple weeks ago! We had the same exact thing w/our ODD. She also only had one vax.

For us it was not CP. Dunno what it was. None of my others ever got any spots, hers never crusted, and they all disappeared.

l_Kimmie_l 02-19-2013 03:12 PM

My oldest son had them as a baby and never itched. He was his normal happy self. He just looked like a Dalmation...LOL!

sisu 02-19-2013 03:36 PM

Last week my DD had a cold, on the second or third day of it she woke up with similar spots all over her abdomen. The day after that they were getting much better already, a few days later there was no sign of them. I just assumed it was some sort of viral rash, maybe this is something similar? :dunno:

ohgirlohboyohno 02-19-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls (Post 16307473)
Did hers itch? I know the girls had a very light, atypical case of them after their first exposure. But it doesn't surprise me they could get them again since it wasn't a real full blown case.

I guess I'll know for sure if my son gets them. Last exposure he was about 17 months old and had *just* weaned so he was still immune from me I guess. He didn't even get one spot.

MY oldest....who was 13 and had the vaccine 2x did not itch

The baby...who was 12 months and no vaccine I believe did itch cause she would rub her legs on the sheets.

Parker had them too..just a mild case (5 and had 1 vaccine) he didn't complain of itching

Emma (age 4 and 1 vaccine) did not appear to have gotten them

They were all exposed the same...we were all together the weekend that the oldest appeared with them....I believe she picked them up at school and brought them home for the rest of the kids.