Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Doctor has no record of vax wwyd? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493004)

mommy24babes 02-19-2013 10:09 AM

Doctor has no record of vax wwyd?

Ds2 started preschool today.
Last week I contacted our family doctor to get a vax record for him.
We delay and he has only had the dtpp 3 times. No others.
They called this morning and said they have no record of him having had them.!

luvsviola 02-19-2013 10:18 AM

Re: Doctor has no record of vax wwyd?

Is that the office where you got them?

Fitter 02-19-2013 01:56 PM

call them back and ask if they have any of his records, it is strange that they would have his records of his visits and not his vaxes. Maybe I am missing something but I would call and keep talking to people until something started to make sense.

anrmom21 02-19-2013 02:10 PM

Can you pull up your insurance claims online? If so start there and that way you have a date and how they billed the insurance for a reference point. If you can't pull it up online try calling them and see if they can give you that info over the phone.

mommy24babes 02-19-2013 02:37 PM

They recently changed over from paper files to all electronic. Thinking that maybe an error occurred that way.

There is no insurance just our health card so I have no record of our visits.

This is not such a huge deal right now but when he starts actual school it will be.

I'm not willing to vax him twice because they screwed up.

canadianbakers 02-19-2013 02:42 PM

Try calling public health and get their records - they'll have all the records/info sent to them from the Dr office, so hopefully the office sent the info when he actually was vaxed.

Why will it be a big deal when he starts school?
Our kids are not fully vaxed (some more than others, they're all different, lol) and we've never needed their records or anything for school. They do ask, IIRC, on the forms we fill out, but there's never been any issues with them not being fully up to date.

Suzi 02-19-2013 02:51 PM

I agree with seeing if your doctor's office reports them to someone else. I would request to be able to come in and review your entire record. That may help you remember when you got them.

danielle 02-19-2013 02:56 PM

You can get an antibody titer.

3 ladybugs 02-19-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danner (Post 16308027)
You can get an antibody titer.

:yeahthat:

mommy24babes 02-19-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Try calling public health and get their records - they'll have all the records/info sent to them from the Dr office, so hopefully the office sent the info when he actually was vaxed.

Why will it be a big deal when he starts school?
Our kids are not fully vaxed (some more than others, they're all different, lol) and we've never needed their records or anything for school. They do ask, IIRC, on the forms we fill out, but there's never been any issues with them not being fully up to date.

Here unless you do an exemption signed by a jp that you are opposed to vax your child can be suspended for not providing record of them.

It is up to the parents to provide the records to public health and the school when they start school.

Glad to know I can have him checked I forgot they can check that. Hopefully he is not like me though. I had the vax for rubella 3 times with no lasting effect before researching and deciding to not get it again.

At this point I may just get the exemption done and signed. So frustrated!