Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Leaking BM at 31 wks?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493035)

Mom2Connor 02-19-2013 11:23 AM

This has happened twice today, I had no leaking with DS until after he was born. Is this normal or at least not abnormal?

By the way, BM = breast milk lol

Fishie Kisses 02-19-2013 11:31 AM

I leaked early with all 3. Started at about 28 weeks with DS1 :)

birdinhand 02-19-2013 12:27 PM

Re: Leaking BM at 31 wks??

It's different for everyone and totally normal. It would be colostrum at this point as mature milk doesn't come along until after the release of the placenta. Some women wear pads if the leaking requires it. Often women ask, "Can I pump and save it?" but that's not a good idea as pumping could potentially start contractions.

Bukawww 02-19-2013 12:30 PM

I leaked at 12wks with my 1st lol. I could have fed quads with the amount of oversupply i had. Not that the 2 are related lol.

canadianbakers 02-19-2013 02:38 PM

Yup, totally normal. Some mamas do, some don't. And it can differ/vary with each pregnancy.
I leaked tons with DD - annoying, but it gave me confidence that I would be able to make enough milk and breastfeed, which I was really worried about. With the other pregnancies it wasn't that much, but I still noticed some leaking starting around 18-20 weeks. This time as well :)

Mom2Connor 02-19-2013 04:26 PM

Does it mean you'll make a lot, or is it just a leak issue?

Fishie Kisses 02-19-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
Does it mean you'll make a lot, or is it just a leak issue?

I always did, but I don't think there's any correlation at all

bigmamakelsey 02-19-2013 05:02 PM

Yes, it's normal to leak colostrum :)

birdinhand 02-19-2013 05:13 PM

There is no correlation betwen leaking and how much milk you will make. It just shows your body is moving forward, and that's a good thing!

Mom2Connor 02-21-2013 10:17 AM

So my doc today wasn't worried about this at all, but suggested minimal stimulation on them because that could trigger contractions? Even suggested wearing a bra for support 24/7... I seriously do not want to do that!! I only wear a bra outside the house, so a few hrs a day at most this time of year. Has anyone heard of that suggestion?

This kind of stinks though, maybe TMI but that's a big part of DTD for DH and I so are we just sol or do you think the dr is being overly cautious? Almost 32 wks .....

On the upside they are still super positive about a vbac and are even fine with going overdue as much as I am comfortable with. So that's something!