Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Would you do a trail ride in the third trimester? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493182)

Leiiki 02-19-2013 06:10 PM

Would you do a trail ride in the third trimester?

Criteria:
Slow horses, very padded sheepskin saddle. Defined, routine trail, not wilderness. Experienced rider, with experienced guide and several other riders. Walking only.

Foutchy 02-19-2013 06:22 PM

Re: Would you do a trail ride in the third trimester?

I personally would not. I'm also a very experienced rider. The chances of experiencing a big fall sound very slim but there is always a chance. I always refrain from riding throughout my entire pregnancy. I would never get over it if something happened as a result of my riding.

hilaryisinked 02-19-2013 06:22 PM

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mibarra 02-19-2013 07:01 PM

Not with this round ligament pain/sensitivity, but otherwise probably ;)

The Fancy Pansy 02-19-2013 07:03 PM

No, I would not.

Jen's_4 02-19-2013 07:20 PM

I wouldn't just because I think it would be kind of uncomfortable, not because it's not safe. If you feel up to it, go for it.

cheezpoofs 02-19-2013 07:51 PM

I don't think I would, both because of the discomfort and the risk of a fall. Even though I consider myself a pretty experienced rider, horses, like all animals, can be unpredictable.

Ellasundies 02-19-2013 08:08 PM

Also an experienced rider here.

No, I would not.

I've had two very bad falls in my ridding career. One was while slowly trotting along on my sure footed, incredibly sane horse that I trust with my life, over a manicured grass lawn. She just had a freak accident and tripped over herself. She ended up falling to the ground and landed on her side with me still in the saddle, so she fell on top of me. I wasn't pregnant at the time but always thought that was a situation that many women would have felt comfortable riding in even if they were pregnant and it's likely they would have lost the baby over it. Riding is dangerous even if your doing the safest thing you can possibly do while up in the saddle.

ktmelody 02-19-2013 08:09 PM

Nope.

And a ranch may not let you anyways as it would be a huge liability to them if you did fall or claimed injury during or after your pregnancy.

serenas_song 02-19-2013 08:24 PM

no, and I am a very experienced rider. No matter how "bombproof" the horse, accidents happen. not worth the risk. I didn't ride at all during my pregnancy.