Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baby Showers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493257)

lemon.extract 02-19-2013 09:17 PM

Baby Showers

My mom and mother-in-law have decided that they are going to throw a combined baby shower for me (ya!).
So far the day for it has been changed three times. At first it was March 30 but that is easter weekend so that got canceled by my mom.

Then it was March 23, my mil cannot do that day. My mom said your mil is driving me crazy by changing the date so much.....I always knew she wouldn't get along with her. I mentioned to my mom that she has also changed the date; my mom responds by saying if you are going to be so difficult I am not going to throw you a baby shower.

Then it was March 16th but my sil has hers that day.So that doesn't work.

Who knows when it is now.

But I am beginning to not want one, it is becoming annoying.
Anyone else feeling this way?

RunawayBunny 02-20-2013 05:13 AM

Is it your first baby? I would stick it out if it was my first. Babies can cost a lot and its always nice to have help getting set up with all that gear! I am pregnant with my second, though. When my new SIL asked to throw me one and I actually declined. I dont need anything and its kinda taboo in my fam to have a second shower. Instead we have "baby is here" parties that focuses more on family and less on gifts.

Saraf 02-20-2013 05:26 AM

Re: Baby Showers

Hang in there and let them decide on a date without getting too involved. They may even have different views on how to host, what to serve, etc. I would tell them what I'd like to have and then let them work it out before involving you.

When your day arrives, just enjoy being the star of the show and enjoy your gifts.
I let my hostess decide how to do it. I really didn't care about a theme or colors, or what is to be served. She did an excellent job. People still talk about it. I think she overdid it. I had fun. Good luck & congrats!

cdeweese 02-20-2013 05:54 AM

Wow! Your mom needs to take a chill pill. Way to take her frustration out on the WRONG person. I'd tell her if it's going to cause problems she needs to step down and let your MIL handle it. It's your shower and she shouldn't be treating you that way :hugs:

lemon.extract 02-20-2013 07:55 AM

I am not even involved other than the date (have to know when to get work off).

Sigh, I just want to show up, that is all.

I do have most of the major things already (hand me downs)crib, bassinet, playpen, stroller and car seat. Just need a crib mattress and clothes.... I think.

lemon.extract 02-20-2013 07:56 AM

I am not even involved other than the date (have to know when to get work off).

Sigh, I just want to show up, that is all.

I do have most of the major things already (hand me downs)crib, bassinet, playpen, stroller and car seat. Just need a crib mattress and clothes.... I think.

gingerpeachee 02-20-2013 02:32 PM

Maybe they're messing with you because they want it to be a surprise?!
Otherwise :hugs: I hope they figure themselves out soon!

lemon.extract 02-20-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerpeachee (Post 16312332)
Maybe they're messing with you because they want it to be a surprise?!
Otherwise :hugs: I hope they figure themselves out soon!

Oh heavens if they are just messing with me.........it just would not be nice.

I hope they figure it out too!