Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Girl u/s at 16 weeks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493391)

lynn97 02-20-2013 11:38 AM

Girl u/s at 16 weeks

I am scheduled for my a/s in about 3 weeks. DS brought home an ugly stomach bug, though, which I caught. I ended up in the ER getting fluids and Zofran last night after not being able to keep anything down all day. Thankfully I'm feeling much better! They ordered an u/s to check on baby and the tech was awesome! Basically, he went through everything I recall from DS's a/s (measuring everything, looking at all of the major organs, looking at spine, etc). We also peeled at the gender. Baby was a total squirm and was "dancing" so getting a good look was tough but there certainly didn't appear to be anything obvious there (which I recall from DS). The best couple shots he got looked like nothing there but a little bitty nub at the top. The tech said he was 80-90% sure it is a girl but felt it was just a bit to early for him to fully make that call. He also reminded me that he does tons of different types of u/s and is not a baby expert. Anyway, he still stuck with being pretty sure baby is a girl. We'll know for sure in 3 weeks but do any of you have any thoughts? I don't have any pics btw.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

3 ladybugs 02-20-2013 11:55 AM

Re: Girl u/s at 16 weeks

I had my triplets right at 16 weeks. I got an early gender with this baby at 14 weeks but with Peri. He told me 90% boy.

I think you are probably pretty safe that it is a girl at this point but if you like you can wait 3-4 weeks before you go painting the bedroom. :)

stevensmom 02-20-2013 11:58 AM

congrats! I agree with Jennifer that you should probably wait until the gender u/s before buying a bunch of pink.

firemommaof1 02-20-2013 12:01 PM

I found out with both my girls at 17 weeks ;)

Tina5834 02-20-2013 12:08 PM

A girl on here was told 'girl' at 16 weeks and baby was def a boy at 20 weeks. I say just wait until the gender ultrasound.

lynn97 02-20-2013 12:40 PM

Thanks ladies! I am definitely not running out and buying pink. DH and I aren't telling anyone about the gender guess either. But my fingers are crossed that the tech is correct! And the bump that we kept seeing was little...from what I have been reading, the clitoris is still pretty prominent for a while. I'm extra excited to see what we find out in 3 weeks!

asteiner18 02-20-2013 12:44 PM

We were told obvious girl at 14 weeks with both of our girls, and they were right. I guess we may have been lucky though :P
I have an elective 3D/4D ultrasound to determine gender at 15 weeks since DH deploys at 16 weeks and they said they can tell gender for sure!

lynn97 02-20-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asteiner18
We were told obvious girl at 14 weeks with both of our girls, and they were right. I guess we may have been lucky though :P
I have an elective 3D/4D ultrasound to determine gender at 15 weeks since DH deploys at 16 weeks and they said they can tell gender for sure!

I hope they give you a definitive answer :-)

lynn97 02-20-2013 09:37 PM

I have been poking around the Internet and this pic looks very similar to what we were seeing - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UkXgZpPlaK...2.44.23+PM.png

Disclaimer - I don't know these people at all but the pic came up while I was searching for similar pics. I think the little "thing" we were seeing was way too small to be a penis. We shall see :-)

apboyles 02-21-2013 05:12 AM

That's what my girl looked like. Kind of a nub but definitely not a penis!