Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Dumb things people say... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493729)

twinpossible 02-21-2013 10:57 AM

Dumb things people say...

Okay, I have done this before on here and we had a blast. Here are the more recent dumb things people have said to me...

- "Are you having another set of twins?" Then when I say no they follow up with, "Are you sure?" or "Because that would be CRAZY!" My response is usually, "Yes, I am totally positive there is only one!"

- "You are going to have your hands full!" Really? My response is usually, "You didn't think that a set of twins already made my hands full?"

- "Another girl?! Poor daddy!" If my husband is there he always says, "I LOVE my girls! Give me more Hon!" If he is not there I usually just give a similar response, "My husband loves his girls and wouldn't mind more!"

- "So you are done after this, right?" As if it is any of their business! I usually just smile and say, "We will see...".

So those are my more recent comments now that I am clearly pregnant with another...what are yours?

cowangel 02-22-2013 10:10 AM

Re: Dumb things people say...

You do know what causes this right? to which I have started saying Yes and we like it :).

Are you going to have anymore? to which I say Maybe...

You are really pregnant again? to which I say Yep we like babies!

You must have your hands full... to which I say Yes I do :)

That's all I can think of at the moment...I am just starting to look pregnant and we are expecting #5.

2btwinmama 02-22-2013 10:50 AM

I have not gone out much yet with my 8 week old girls. I can only imagine the comments we will get! I'm sure they will far exceed the pregnancy comments!

twinpossible 02-22-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2btwinmama (Post 16320040)
I have not gone out much yet with my 8 week old girls. I can only imagine the comments we will get! I'm sure they will far exceed the pregnancy comments!

Oh yes! My favorite is, "Are they twins?". Makes me laugh every time, my girls are IDENTICAL and the same size. I started messing with people and just say, "No". :giggle:

thealmightyme 02-22-2013 01:14 PM

I've actually heard "wow those two are close in age." To which I replied "they are exactly the same age." :giggle:

bonusround 02-23-2013 12:36 PM

Ha. I always love the crazy stuff people say. Got a laugh out of those. :-)

elizabeth.scalf 03-01-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinpossible (Post 16320651)
Oh yes! My favorite is, "Are they twins?". Makes me laugh every time, my girls are IDENTICAL and the same size. I started messing with people and just say, "No". :giggle:

My friend gets the exact opposite! She has b/g twins and people ask.... 'Are they identical?'

Brooke789 03-01-2013 12:29 PM

People always want to know if my b/g twins are identical too. :confused: How would that work?

I liked when I was pregnant and random people who try to guess if I was carrying a girl or boy. It was so funny b/c they NEVER got it wrong :giggle:

dagmomma 03-01-2013 01:19 PM

Lol these are good

People use to ask if my boys were twins when one was 2months old and the other was almost 2

MamatoGreta 03-15-2013 10:35 PM

I always love when people ask if they're all mine. Last week at Kohls I said to a lady, "no, I like to take random neighbor kids shopping at lunchtime, because it's so much fun to shop with children at lunchtime".