Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   expired test? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493791)

Mommy2TwoGirls 02-21-2013 01:27 PM

expired test?

I took an expired pregnancy test (about 9 months expired) and it came back positive??! Is it accurate? I've been so sick lately so figured what the heck, I had it why not use it. I'm freaking - we were not TTC.

keen1981 02-21-2013 01:28 PM

You are pregnant!

EmilytheStrange 02-21-2013 01:29 PM

Re: expired test?

Expired tests are not reliable. It could be right. It could be wrong.

I'd go buy another one.

snugglesnsunshine 02-21-2013 02:05 PM

My guess is you're probably pregnant, but go buy another just to be sure! Digis are always fun anyway!

Mommy2TwoGirls 02-21-2013 03:06 PM

Okay - so I took another (not expired) test. BFP. I'm in a daze - hubby is less then thrilled.

snugglesnsunshine 02-21-2013 03:19 PM

Congrats!! Surprises are the best. Hubby will come around. (Tell him he's got super sperm-all men love to hear that, haha).

UVASahm 02-21-2013 03:20 PM

So fun! Congrats!

keen1981 02-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoGirls
Okay - so I took another (not expired) test. BFP. I'm in a daze - hubby is less then thrilled.

I think it's funny when DH's take part in baby making but are less than thrilled when baby making is productive ;) they know the results of these actions!

Mommy2TwoGirls 02-21-2013 03:45 PM

I know eventually he will come around. I just know two girls is a handful (both were planned). Right now we are financially strapped and can't afford another baby :-( we downsized houses and don't even know where we could put another baby. He mentioned terminating the pregnancy - he's crazy. I'm all for everyone can do what they want with their bodies, but I'm strongly against the use of abortions for birth control. God obviously wanted us to have this baby, so I'm having this baby. Things will work themselves out. I thank you all for all your positive thoughts :-) It's really helping.

Kiliki 02-21-2013 04:23 PM

I'm 37w2d preggo with our second surprise baby. (charting does not work for us, and then our BC method failed)

With the first one, I was SO EXCITED b/c I wanted another baby really badly. DH took a few months to come around.

With this one, I was mortified. I cried when I told DH. And he was OVER THE MOON! And I took a few months to come around.

LOL. Different reactions from us both at different times.

And now we are ready to start cutting and burning to make sure this stops happening. We love love LOVE our kids, but we are looking forward to moving on to the next stage of life now.

And, TBH, I really think it could not have worked out better for us. We will have 2 boys and 2 girls! Girls are 4 yrs apart, and so are the boys. It's perfect for my stupid number-OCD mind. :giggle:

Surprises are fun, after the initial shocks wears off. And don't feel guilty for having mixed emotions, it's just part of it, and you will still be a wonderful mommy. :hugs: