Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   vbac after 2 C/S anyone? or am I crazy... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493826)

ankc 02-21-2013 03:45 PM

vbac after 2 C/S anyone? or am I crazy...

Is this even an option?
in a nut shell-
First was 36 hour labor got to 9cm heart rate dropped on the baby emergency C after a crazy traumatic labor
second i tried for vbac water broke/ went into natural labor 8 hours later i was pushing like a mad woman and only 4 cm- cervix swelled really bad and we opted for a c/s
so i assumed i would have to have a scheduled C/S this time but maybe not???

jessicap 02-21-2013 04:15 PM

Re: vbac after 2 C/S anyone? or am I crazy...

I don't know about your specific situation..BUT I had 2 sections and then went on to have 3 unmedicated vaginal births.

My first baby, I was pre-eclamptic and he was taken at 34 weeks via emergency csection. My second was a 34 week babe as well, and he was taken via emergency csection because the cord stopped delivering blood and we just "happened" to catch it on an ultrasound. We were expecting to deliver a sleeping babe, but he is now a wild and crazy 6 year old.

My dr knew that my family had convictions about preventing pregnancies and so he made sure that my uterine stitches were done in a way that would be safe to have more babes. So my uterine incision is horizontal instead of vertical.

I just did the research and came to realize in my particular situation a section was more dangerous then having a babe vaginally. So I fought for it, did it and all was well. :)

sisu 02-21-2013 04:40 PM

ACOG states that women with one or two uncomplicated pregnancies and c-sections with low transverse incisions are candidates for vaginal birth. Whether or not you can find a provider that is comfortable with it is often an entirely different story, but if it's something you are interested in, I think it's worth looking into and discussing with your doc. :)

Christylkeller 02-21-2013 05:34 PM

I am getting ready to do a VBA3C! It was VERY hard to find someone willing to give my body a chance, but I did! Most Dr in my area won't even allow a VBAC after a primary c/s, so I feel super blessed to have found a Dr that is supporting me and my decision!

ankc 02-21-2013 05:40 PM

My only "issue" is high blood pressure...
I was on bedrest with ds1 for last month and they were very close to putting me on bed rest with second but I went into labor 15days early so that took care of that!

I have my first u/s in a couple weeks and will ask the dr what he thinks....

ankc 02-21-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christylkeller
I am getting ready to do a VBA3C! It was VERY hard to find someone willing to give my body a chance, but I did! Most Dr in my area won't even allow a VBAC after a primary c/s, so I feel super blessed to have found a Dr that is supporting me and my decision!

Good luck that is awesome!

NikkiGig 03-03-2013 05:17 PM

I've had two unmediated vaginal births following two csections!

bethdrews 03-26-2013 12:26 PM

If you haven't already, join your local ICAN group. They will know your provider options. I had a great doc that let me try for a VBA2C. No one at the hospital even mentioned the fact that I had already had 2 CS. They treated me like it was my first! You're not crazy! If you're able to find a supportive doctor that believes in your ability to birth and you do end with another CS, you'll know you did what you could and won't regret it later.

Leiiki 03-26-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sisu
ACOG states that women with one or two uncomplicated pregnancies and c-sections with low transverse incisions are candidates for vaginal birth. Whether or not you can find a provider that is comfortable with it is often an entirely different story, but if it's something you are interested in, I think it's worth looking into and discussing with your doc. :)

Well, it says they are candidates for a "trial of labor," which most doctors seem to treat as kind of a favor they are doing for the naive mother before they dive in with the scalpel. The risks of a third (or fourth) CS far outweigh those of a VBA2C (or more) in an uncomplicated pregnancy.

dagmomma 03-26-2013 01:43 PM

I had a vba2c.

I my first I was induced and it went nowhere. My 2nd had low amniotic fluid but I did not want to chance it so I had a scheduled c/s.

I also lived in Upstate NY and the Drs there would not do a VBA2C but I was not worried about it bc I was moving. So I researched for Drs in the area I was moving to--would have done the same research if I did not move for that area, and found my Dr.

I read some ICAN things, did lots of yoga--for physical and mental purposes, and stayed positive throughout even knowing all the risks and complications.

After 45 minutes of pushing I had dd vaginally--I cheated I did get an epi.

I am having another baby in April and plan on a vaginal birth as well.

Do I think it can be done ABSOLUTELY!!! I think you need the right support system, the right Dr's, and a positive mindset. I also think that exercises that are geared towards breathing and positioning are really important--yoga and meditation.

GL I hope you get your ideal birth!