Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Early walker poll (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493870)

UVASahm 02-21-2013 06:14 PM

Early walker poll

I wasn't sure if this belonged in parenting or here so I decided here. Feel free to move if needed. I have an early walker. Walked at around 10 months and is a very confident walker at 12 months.

My question is, if you had an early walker/climber, a physically advanced kid, are they athletic? I really want my little guy to be athletic. I was a d1 athlete, but my husband is soooooo not athletic. I'm just curious if my son will take after me or my husband.

Rhianna'sMommy 02-21-2013 06:17 PM

Re: Early walker poll

Well, my kids aren't old enough to say one way or another. But I will say me and my 2 brothers all walked by 10 months. My oldest brother was athletic in HS and my other brother and I were not. So walking had nothing to do with it in my family.

Mama*Kim 02-21-2013 06:18 PM

Ds1 walked at 10 months. Now, at 5 years old, he can barely ride a bike. He's actually fairly coordinated and does well when he's made to do sports, he just has no desire at all.

ktmelody 02-21-2013 06:19 PM

All of my kids walked early, some super early. I have one kid that I consider athletic. But we don't do sports here. They all rode bikes early, and had great large motor skills.

Moving this to parenting forum btw.

mbleblanc 02-21-2013 06:19 PM

I walked at 9 months and was running by 10 months. (my mother used a child-leash on me at 10 months old *the animal back-pack on me with a leash attached to it**)

I am the furthest thing from athletic! lol I hate team sports and would rather read or hang out than be active. I do love running though, about as athletic as I get.

Mommy/4boys 02-21-2013 06:32 PM

My 10 year old walked at 8 months and is athletic. My 6 year old walked at 14 months and is even more athletic.

UVASahm 02-21-2013 06:53 PM

Ok so what you ladies are saying is that it doesn't make a lick of difference! I am dying for him to play baseball but I know I can't force it if he's not good. I just know how much fun I had playing softball and I would love for him to be able to do the same.

Kimmyann 02-21-2013 08:37 PM

Not really. My son walked confidently at 10 months and was running shortly thereafter. Personally, I think walking early has more to do with the childs weight and the abilitly to carry their own weight. My guy was a lightweight at 10 months old.

KaleidoscopeEyes 02-21-2013 08:39 PM

Neither of my boys are into sports. Ds1 walked right at 8 months (he was even born 4 weeks early) and ds2 9 months

abunchoflemons 02-21-2013 09:09 PM

my oldest walked 8 months along things & in month was off. rode bike without training wheels at 4.5 yrs. my second was 7 months walking....unknown as she is 22 months. baby unknown.....athletics not based i dont think on when they walk.