Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   We are filing Bankrupt next week (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494111)

JellEBeanDesigns 02-22-2013 01:00 PM

We are filing Bankrupt next week

and I have serious anxiety over it :( I wish we didnt have to but our second mortgage is going to sue us and take 65% of dh pay check :cry: no flames please, this is our only choice, we live frugally but with our foreclosure this is the final door to walk through and close before we are finally free.

qsefthuko 02-22-2013 01:02 PM

Re: We are filing Bankrupt next week

That is rough. We have contemplated it as well at times. Especially when our auto loan company tried to stick us with more than $1000 extra in fees.

qsefthuko 02-22-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 16320649)
That is rough. We have contemplated it as well at times. Especially when our auto loan company tried to stick us with more than $1000 extra in fees.

I know $1000+ doesn't sound like a whole lot but we had barely made it to tax season without getting behind. Our tax return would just pay it plus allow us to move. The extra $1000+ would make it so we couldn't pay it off and move. We desperately needed to move. Our car was having dificulties. With a large car payment we couldn't afford another vehicle. Since it is the only car we have we need for it to run or be close to my husbands job.

wooly_wonderful 02-22-2013 01:17 PM

:hugs:

mississippimommy 02-22-2013 01:27 PM

DON'T FEEL BAD. I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD FLAME YOU FOR THIS DECISION. EVERYONE IS IN TOUGH TIMES MAMA DON'T FEEL BAD FOR IT. SPEAKING FOR MYSELF WE LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK AND ANY TIME I GET ANYTHING AT ALL EXTRA SOMETHING BREAKS AND IT GOES TOWARDS THAT. (((HUGS)))

wolffie 02-22-2013 01:29 PM

hugs mama. Hopefully you will be past this stage soon.

5PrincessMommy 02-22-2013 04:32 PM

that sucks

homebirthmom 02-22-2013 05:21 PM

i know several people who have had to do this and everyone said it was the best thing for them ever. you have free up cash, your credit rating goes back up. you stress less. but then after go w the david ramsey program so you dont wind back up in debt.

you will be fine. I guess its a fast court hearing and thats it! best of luck

Tris 02-22-2013 05:30 PM

:bighug:

JellEBeanDesigns 02-22-2013 07:31 PM

Thanks y'all. I know it's for the best. We have a the start of a good plan to get on track and have a better life. I am just scared