Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   SPD Pain (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494123)

Mommyto2B2G 02-22-2013 01:31 PM

SPD Pain

Will an ice pack or heating pad help SPD pain between my legs? It hurts a lot. I've been wondering lately if I can help the soreness my vagina is going through by putting something there to bring down the swelling. I know super TMI but I have no shame with all this pregnancy pain. :giggle:

canadianbakers 02-22-2013 01:40 PM

Re: SPD Pain

I've never been able to figure out much that helps it. :(
I did do some stretching a few nights ago, to help decrease my hip/lower back pain, and then seemed to have less SPD pain the following day or 2 - not sure if that was just coincidence, a couple good pain days, or the stretching made a difference :dunno:

Lisathena 02-22-2013 02:16 PM

I have heard to eat LOTS of eggs and that can help, but i am 27 weeks and it just started for me too :( And i normally havent found much relief...going to try some Kettlebell excersices once i am healthy :) I will let you know if i find a magic trick LOL

Mommyto2B2G 02-22-2013 04:24 PM

I've been trying moving and stretching too. I think it may be helping but like you said it is hard to tell if it helps or it is just a good day. Hmm eggs? I can prob give that a try. I need a chiro appointment. I think I'm going to ice myself tonight and let you all know if it helps. LOL

lovebabies 02-23-2013 01:37 PM

I found that doing lots of kegels helped with mine. It can be caused by a weak pelvic floor, so doing exercises to help that can make a difference with SPD pain. Hope you find some relief. That's no fun! :(

steph410 02-23-2013 03:46 PM

my last pregnancy I'm pretty sure I had SPD. I used to put ice "down there" like every evening. I think it sort of helped me, it was just a desperate effort to relieve the pain someway, LOL

sorry you are experiencing this!

Christylkeller 02-23-2013 06:25 PM

I found that a hot bath with epsom salts followed by ice packs helped the most. It at least gave me the night with no pain. Hope you find something that works for you!

Nijntje 02-24-2013 02:01 AM

Mine has all but disappeared since I started swimming a couple times a week. Also the less time I spend in my office chair, the better.

canadianbakers 02-24-2013 06:37 AM

Ooo - just remembered - sitting on my exercise/birthing ball really helped with my other pregnancies! Must get DH to blow that up for me.

lovebabies 02-24-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nijntje
Mine has all but disappeared since I started swimming a couple times a week. Also the less time I spend in my office chair, the better.

Oh yes! I forgot about swimming! I swam three times a week when pregnant with my first. It helped so much! I mostly did water aerobics with the old ladies at a local pool. My last class was two days before giving birth. :)