Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Are you psychic? Early gender tests. What works? Fact or busted?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494260)

FamiLEE 02-23-2013 12:26 AM

Are you psychic? Early gender tests. What works? Fact or busted??

My wife and I are so excited for our upcoming child and have been going crazy guessing what the gender will be. She is 14 weeks along so the gender is still a mystery. She has been reading about all these crazy tests you can do to predict the gender. Using the Chinese calendar was one of them. The pencil trick was another. What methods/tricks have you tried? Have they worked? What other crazy/wacky methods have you heard about?
Pencil trick:
You take a #2 pencil and stick a needle in the eraser. You thread the needle and holding the thread you let the pencil dangle above your forearm palm up. The pencil will steady itself and then it will start to move. If the movements are side to side it's a boy. If the movements are circular it's a girl.
According to this method we are having a boy. The Chinese calendar also predicts boy as well.

Mommyto2B2G 02-23-2013 01:01 AM

Re: Are you psychic? Early gender tests. What works? Fact or busted??

The Chinese gender test did not work for us. Baby would be a boy according to the chart. OH! I did a gross one. :) Put a tbsp of baking soda in a disposable cup (believe me, it smells) and pour a little of your pee on top. :giggle: If it foams its a boy, if it does nothing, girl. That one kept saying girl. I think it worked pretty decently for the girls in my due date club if I remember correctly.

FamiLEE 02-23-2013 01:07 AM

Lol. I have never heard of the baking soda and pee test. I'll let my wife know about it. I'm sure I could make something up and she would do it:lostit:
Thank you. Any others?

MrsCrafty 02-23-2013 10:59 AM

Kimmie(in WAHM Wares) does gender predictions based on the lunar calendar, and she was right for me, I'm having a girl! I did the baking soda test(after reading another thread on here) and that was right for me too :goodvibes:

homebirthmom 02-23-2013 11:12 AM

i have guessed right for many based off ph thru urine. guess thats why the baking soda or drano test works so well. your ph is changing it

FamiLEE 02-23-2013 07:36 PM

So my wife has tried the pencil test and Chinese calendar and it says we are having a boy. The baking soda method says girl. When you do the baking soda method do you wait until the morning to try it?

Queensasha17 02-23-2013 08:15 PM

every test/theory for me was wrong except the needle on thread that dangles. Everything was boy and I am having a girl. I don't remember if the baking soda test is right upon waking in the am or not....

airmans_angel 02-23-2013 08:49 PM

I did a gendermaker test (turns pink for a girl, blue for boy). chinese gender chart, and also wedding band test, all right for me!

Mommyto2B2G 02-23-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FamiLEE (Post 16325384)
So my wife has tried the pencil test and Chinese calendar and it says we are having a boy. The baking soda method says girl. When you do the baking soda method do you wait until the morning to try it?

I did it several times and experimented with different times including FM urine. The results didn't change. :goodvibes: I can't wait to hear what you guys are actually having then! I got the same conflicting results. What does her intuition say?

solobluedancer 02-23-2013 09:48 PM

It's funny, I always got different answers for all of the tests. But for each of my kids I knew what I was having. Even really early on. I had a girl the first time. The second time I told my dh we could have a boy and we did. It's kinda weird that I rely knew what was going on, but I did.

But for old wives tales, the morning sickness thing rang true for me. I was much sicker with my son than with my daughter.