Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Which was more painful overall... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494345)

Palooka 02-23-2013 12:11 PM

Which was more painful overall...

C-section or unmedicated vaginal?

Including the birth and also recovery period.

Please answer only if you have had both. We've been having a debate amongst friends.

:D

Kiliki 02-23-2013 12:13 PM

Re: Which was more painful overall...

I am totally curious to see the responses to this!

Palooka 02-23-2013 12:15 PM

I have a friend who has had both, and she said she would take ten vaginal births without drugs over her one section. So I voted for her. :giggle: but I am totally curious what other moms say!

FernHollow 02-23-2013 12:23 PM

I have had one c/s, 1 induced birth with an epi, and 3 unmedicated homebirths. I would take natural childbirth any day over the pain of the c/s. I recovered really well with no complications but it was extremely painful for weeks. With my natural births it hurt really bad during transition/pushing but there was minimal pain afterwards.

Hi-Dog 02-23-2013 12:24 PM

I'm not going to vote because I have just had one vaginal birth . . . but I would say that taking a poop after a vaginal delivery was almost worse than delivery itself. :giggle:

Subbing though, because I am curious!

Palooka 02-23-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyMae12 (Post 16324353)
I'm not going to vote because I have just had one vaginal birth . . . but I would say that taking a poop after a vaginal delivery was almost worse than delivery itself. :giggle:

Subbing though, because I am curious!

Lol yes! Oh and in the hospital several hours after giving birth: there was a bag of clothing on the floor and I thought, oh I will just slide it over with my foot as I walk by... Nooooo! I was on the floor instantly, I had no idea you use you groin muscles for that but apparently you do!

And since you just had a baby, some tmi advice: don't stop the stool softener... Just trust me on that.
:giggle:

Jen's_4 02-23-2013 12:48 PM

Can I vote for my Mom? I've only ever had unmedicated vaginal births (3 of them). But my Mom has had one csection and one vaginal and she says that the csection was much worse overall than her unmedicated *back* labor because of the recovery period. She said the back labor was VERY intense and painful, but once he was out, she was fine. She was mowing the lawn with a pushmower within a week. The csection wasn't painful during, of course, but the recovery was much harder for her.

Palooka 02-23-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen_batten (Post 16324432)
Can I vote for my Mom? I've only ever had unmedicated vaginal births (3 of them). But my Mom has had one csection and one vaginal and she says that the csection was much worse overall than her unmedicated *back* labor because of the recovery period. She said the back labor was VERY intense and painful, but once he was out, she was fine. She was mowing the lawn with a pushmower within a week. The csection wasn't painful during, of course, but the recovery was much harder for her.

I voted for my friend, so why not. :lostit:

joeslittlewoman 02-23-2013 10:18 PM

My mom said equal but different. She had two induced labors (possibly one was without pain meds), natural birth with me, then a cesarean with my sister after a few hours of labor.

I've only had induced labors followed by cesareans.

mabelinoad 02-23-2013 10:32 PM

vaginal hurt for a day but you have this amazing birth high(i did at least)

csection hurts for weeks, months :(