Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Circumcision and cloth.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494481)

Blessed2005 02-24-2013 07:25 AM

Circumcision and cloth....

So we are going to circumcise.....not up for debate btw, so please don't rant at me about how I am mutilating my baby. We have made this decision as a family, looking at the pros and cons. Please be respectful of our decision.

So my question is, if you circumcised, did you use cloth right away or did you use disposables until it healed? I have a big stash of nb and sm bg's, btw. What do ya'll think? Also, how do I go ab treating the circumsion with the cloth, if I use them?

Thank you for the imput:goodvibes:! I love DS Mamas!

txmommytobe 02-24-2013 07:32 AM

Re: Circumcision and cloth....

I have cloth diapered 2 circumcised newborns and we used CDs right away. I simply covered it with gauze pads and used fleece liner as necessary :)

abunchoflemons 02-24-2013 07:42 AM

I used disposables as I was Tonga to literally yet to do little to nothing besides fed baby and like. gauze definitely and throw awayv liner. we were in disposables about week. yes we did lots of thinki8ng too so i know the circ conundrum.

lisathib123 02-24-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txmommytobe
I have cloth diapered 2 circumcised newborns and we used CDs right away. I simply covered it with gauze pads and used fleece liner as necessary :)

Same here. I cut 2inx2in gauze and put the vasoline in the middle and just draped it over and put a little pressure. The vasoline never came out on the diapers, but I still used fleece liners just in case. I just cut my own.

jessicanashville 02-24-2013 07:45 AM

I just used the non-stick gauze pads and regular triple antibiotic or Vaseline :)

disneylindsay 02-24-2013 07:48 AM

I have cloth diapered right away after circumcision, even while in the hospital! I bought some fleece liners and I made some flannel liners with scraps, and I used them as a barrier between the vaseline and the diaper. As soon as I was able to use coconut oil on it I did and it really help speed the healing and keep away bacteria etc.

I had no problems with my diapers they came out clean every wash, and even my husband, friends and family were impressed with the cloth after circumcision, they all thought it gave the baby a little more padding and protection following.

Circumcising may not be for everyone but for us it was the right decision for our boys. Every family has to do what is right for them! Big hugs Mama!

abunchoflemons 02-24-2013 07:53 AM

http://paddedtushstats.com/2012/01/2...cumcised-baby/

try this sure too

Pixi6s 02-24-2013 08:15 AM

I wonder if you have to use vasoline.. could you use lanolin? Maybe too sticky... but if you get one that stays liquidy maybe?

Babybird4 02-24-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisathib123

Same here. I cut 2inx2in gauze and put the vasoline in the middle and just draped it over and put a little pressure. The vasoline never came out on the diapers, but I still used fleece liners just in case. I just cut my own.

This. I had no issues and didn't use a fleece liner, just the gauze pad over it.

April, mommy to Haylea (8/18/09), Hannah (5/22/11) and baby Hogan (12/12/12) *sent from my iPhone*

TobinsTreasures 02-24-2013 08:27 AM

We were told not to use any ointment in the hospital and we cloth diapered within the first three days. Didn't have a problem, from what I remember.