Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Manners questions when selling dipes??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494537)

Jaxence 02-24-2013 10:55 AM

Manners questions when selling dipes???

What would you consider the appropriate amount of time to wait for a response?
Say you've had people show interest in the diapers you are selling. They've picked out their colors and they seem settled on the price. You request their e-mail for invoice and...wait 2 days? I'm a patient person, and have no problem waiting. However, what if someone else wants those dipes now, and still no response? What is the appropriate amount of time I should wait?

AZmommy 02-24-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Manners questions when selling dipes???

I give buyers till the end of the next day (and let them know) unless weve made other arangements.

ThreeLittleCubs 02-24-2013 11:01 AM

I don't give out my paypal unless they say... yes, i want it. Then I'll wait a day or two before I send another pm asking if they still want it. It can be frustrating because I send payment right away the same day if I want a diaper.

Jaxence 02-24-2013 11:07 AM

Sounds fair to me. What about special consideration for weekends?

madebymommy 02-24-2013 11:18 AM

I usually send payment as soon as I get the address. I try to wait a day or so as a seller and then message them again. If they don't respond, I move on.

I just recently had a mama ask me to wait a week or so for her to sell some things to buy a wallet I had for sale. I said okay, and then she messaged me like a week and a half later asking for my PP addy, which I give her... And never hear from her again. I pmed her a few days later, I know she read the PM and no response. It's just so rude - I don't care if you've changed your mind, but I'd appareciate being told. I will never hold something for someone again, tell ya what! /rant

abunchoflemons 02-24-2013 11:30 AM

i give few days & more over time over weekends as not all check but if been awhile for one go to next

qsefthuko 02-24-2013 11:32 AM

I think waiting 12-18 hours after replying to a pm is reasonable. Honestly if I am wanting to purchase something I will check my messages several times a day. Even if I am working I can still check back within 18 hours. It only takes a minute to Check if I have received a message.

qsefthuko 02-24-2013 11:34 AM

Now if the mama said in her pm I won't be able to check back for 24-36 hours or whatever because of a lack of Internet access then I can see waiting longer.

RockinLou 02-24-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 16327290)
I think waiting 12-18 hours after replying to a pm is reasonable. Honestly if I am wanting to purchase something I will check my messages several times a day. Even if I am working I can still check back within 18 hours. It only takes a minute to Check if I have received a message.

I totally agree

Jaxence 02-24-2013 11:42 AM

Thanks ladies, that's kind of the conclusion I came to. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being unfair.