Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pumping Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Overnight pumping (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494735)

Junglebugg225 02-25-2013 03:44 AM

Overnight pumping
 
So, the 9 wk old is sleeping through the night (most of the time)- I set my alarm for 3am to get up & pump... But sometimes I'm so exhausted, I shut off my alarm & go back to sleep :-/ What's your thought? I get about 2- 2 1/2 oz over night- I feel like I'm losing that milk if I don't pump & already not making enough- I feel guilty sleeping... :sigh:

keonli 02-25-2013 12:46 PM

Re: Overnight pumping
 
I never pumped in the middle of the night. My DD is now 2.5 months. I wake up and pump right away (if she doesn't choose to nurse) every weekday morning.

abunchoflemons 02-25-2013 12:55 PM

Re: Overnight pumping
 
just nurse when baby needs because I did every 2 or 3 hours and ended up work 2000 to donate and way to full feeling i'm my bears. my let down is hard andFast.....

Junglebugg225 02-25-2013 12:58 PM

I never feel my let down. Occasionally throughout the day, she seems satisfied but not very often. I only made it 13 weeks with DD1 because of supply issues- so I'm paranoid & anxious (which helps nothing) this time around.

Junglebugg225 02-25-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonli
I never pumped in the middle of the night. My DD is now 2.5 months. I wake up and pump right away (if she doesn't choose to nurse) every weekday morning.

I was doing that, but was finding I can't always pump right away if the 18 month old wakes up first- gah!!

li'l skeeter 02-26-2013 02:40 PM

Re: Overnight pumping
 
I would try your best to keep that middle of the night pumping session to keep your supply up! After 5 months of pumping, I still get up around 2am every night for a pumping session (without an alarm), but usually that's when my little guy wakes up for his nightly feeding so it's been ok anyway...I would love it if he would sleep through the night, but to be quite honest, I would still have to pump at 2am or my boobs would explode! I get about 8-10 oz at each pumping!

Allelujiah 02-27-2013 04:07 PM

Re: Overnight pumping
 
My LO is 9 weeks old as well and I'm EPing. She is starting to sleep longer and longer, but I'm too afraid of effecting my supply to stop the pumping sessions. I pump every three hours, so eight times a day. My most dreaded is the 5/6 am pump. It makes me long for a time when my body will truly be mine again.

seacat 02-27-2013 07:13 PM

Re: Overnight pumping
 
Your supply will level off at around three-four months and at that time I could drop that dreaded pump session with no effect to supply.

Junglebugg225 02-27-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacat
Your supply will level off at around three-four months and at that time I could drop that dreaded pump session with no effect to supply.

I'm not sure if its the same with the PCOS~ I've about had it with all these hormones!!! I made it 16 wks with DD#1- and trying so hard to make it at least to there with this LO. Last night I got up at 3a & got 2 oz out in 35 minutes!! (Those are excited exclamation points) I still had to supplement at the 8 am feeding- it seems to make no difference... Bleh.

Junglebugg225 02-27-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junglebugg225

I'm not sure if its the same with the PCOS~ I've about had it with all these hormones!!! I made it 16 wks with DD#1- and trying so hard to make it at least to there with this LO. Last night I got up at 3a & got 2 oz out in 35 minutes!! (Those are excited exclamation points) I still had to supplement at the 8 am feeding- it seems to make no difference... Bleh.

Now I don't remember if I made it 13 or 16... Oi!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors