Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need a new diaper cover... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494785)

princessgirl409 02-25-2013 09:46 AM

Need a new diaper cover...

So, we have been using Flip covers pretty much the entire time we have used cds. But I am getting tired of the tucking!
We use flats and prefolds (always pinned). The Flips are wide enough through the crotch, but right at the side they're not wide enough and the diaper is always poking out.
I know it's hard to picture, but it's right at her hip where the wings meet on the side. It almost seems like the wings need to be wider.
Does that make sense?

I do not like ME covers, so that's out, but what covers are out there that I should try? They also need to be gentle on the legs. (Dd is quite the woman in the thigh department!!!)

Pixi6s 02-25-2013 09:50 AM

Re: Need a new diaper cover...

what about a size 2 thirties or capri. They are bigger and last longer since your child is older. Maybe they are wider at the top too?...

dagmomma 02-25-2013 09:59 AM

econobums and diaper safari has little to no tucking on the sides. I always have to tuck with flips

thejuel 02-25-2013 10:04 AM

Blueberry coveralls are cut wide for fuller coverage.

princessgirl409 02-25-2013 10:10 AM

Ok, so I was just looking when I changed dd and it's not where the flaps meet, it's around her thigh. The curve from her backside up to where it snaps/velcros.
So, it probably is just that the cover is not full enough through the booty...

I just bought two DS covers and they are pretty darn identical to flips and I still have to tuck. :(
I will look at some of the other covers!

2wonderfulboys 02-25-2013 10:14 AM

Blueberry covers are nice and wide

princessgirl409 02-25-2013 10:17 AM

I haven't researched this yet, but is there a huge difference in the BB Coverall and the Capri?

Art mama 02-25-2013 10:21 AM

I have a wide baby with bug thighs too :). The blueberry I think is a little roomier but they are both bigger than my flips. The biggest difference is that the capris have flaps to tuck inserts under and the blueberry doesn't. Which wouldn't matter to you since you don't do that :). I really like both covers on my dd. she's 9 1/2 months and 23 lbs

Art mama 02-25-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art mama
I have a wide baby with bug thighs too :). The blueberry I think is a little roomier but they are both bigger than my flips. The biggest difference is that the capris have flaps to tuck inserts under and the blueberry doesn't. Which wouldn't matter to you since you don't do that :). I really like both covers on my dd. she's 9 1/2 months and 23 lbs

Sorry for the typos...my phone hates me!

Sarah-B 02-25-2013 10:34 AM

Everyone loves safari diaper covers & I have 2 on the way now :)