Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Best fitted diaper patterns? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494917)

~*~Sunflower~*~ 02-25-2013 02:52 PM

Best fitted diaper patterns?

My oldest daughter is interested in making diapers. I think she will probably start off with serged diapers before she moves to T&T.

TIA!

3 ladybugs 02-26-2013 07:16 AM

Re: Best fitted diaper patterns?

I don't know what is the best, but I am going to be making Rainy Days diapers within the next month. I like the idea of a 2 size diaper because the thought of making 20X5 sizes for fitteds sound overwhelming, and the one size fitteds don't work for the itty bitty's.

I would start them now but I need to finish a couple of things for DS first. :blush:

3 ladybugs 02-26-2013 07:16 AM

double post

bfoster2000 02-26-2013 07:22 AM

I just recently got some Rainy Days and Darling Diapers off FSOT and those have become the diapers I reach for every single time. So much that I actually bought the Darling Diapers pattern to make more. I haven't actually done anything but finish up some that this other mama sent me unfinished but I'm really impressed with the instructions and options in the pattern so far. It's something like 89 pages because of all the different options, photos, tips, etc. And you can bundle it with a trainer pattern that's the same way...just every option and variation you could imagine to make exactly what you want.

3lilbubs 02-26-2013 09:23 AM

That was me that sent Barbara the diapers. :giggle: What I liked about Rainy days is that they conserve a lot of supplies because they go for two sizes. The size 1's were my most reached for newbie diapers. Great absorbency and trim. The size 2's were a little big from the start on a non-walker but as soon as my babies were walking they were fitting better. So I would go for those if you need to stay thrifty on your supplies, don't have time to sew up an entire stash for each size and want more bang for your buck.

The Darling diapers, man I loved those. They fit my babies great, no matter what their shape was. Just perfect. My favorites were the front snapping. Not too much fabric between the legs and just enough coverage on the bum and the back was raised/front dipped just enough that my babies were always comfy in them. The side snapping ones also turn out really nice! I also agree that the instructions are great. It can be a little intimidating if you're just getting started sewing diapers but I learned a lot of really great tricks reading those.

paper_girl_76 02-26-2013 09:39 AM

I also like the rainy days pattern. We are using them now! Very easy and quick to make!

~*~Sunflower~*~ 02-26-2013 06:29 PM

Yesterday before there were any replies I went searching. I actually have always loved diapers made with the Darling Diapers design & had decided to get that. I think I will get her both patterns & she can try both out. Thanks mamas! :)

mypeanut09 02-26-2013 11:43 PM

I really like RocketBottoms OS fitted pattern. It's pretty similar in fit to a lot of the popular WAHM fitteds. I haven't tried the other ones, but might have to!

kia_mommy 03-07-2013 07:42 PM

I haven't seen a lot in FSOT in a while, but I love FattyCakes. I purchased the patter from Hyena Cart. Comes with newborn, s, m, l and xl sizes. But if they are served like I made them I PTed out of mediums. The fit a large weight range.
They are a side snap diaper which is my favorite.

Happy sewing.

mountainmama2002 03-08-2013 03:03 PM

oooh....thanks mamas!!! you have all inspired me to try to sew my own!