Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   New convertible carseat! Chicco Nextfit. Anybody preorder it?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1495401)

FamiLEE 02-26-2013 08:33 PM

New convertible carseat! Chicco Nextfit. Anybody preorder it??

I saw that Chicco is coming out with a new convertible carseat called the nextfit. I believe it's coming out at the end of April. Looks pretty sweet
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JrkDrPwQb2Q

mommabritt 02-26-2013 08:41 PM

Looks great for a rf kiddo but looks like it will be too short for a ff one to last to a reasonable booster age (like 5 or 6).

I'd love to see it in person.

monica-m 02-26-2013 08:47 PM

Re: New convertible carseat! Chicco Nextfit. Anybody preorder it??

I have seen a prototype in person and it's an extremely nice seat. It is comparable FF height to the Radian so it will get many kids to booster maturity. The LATCH install is as easy as it comes. There is a pulley system in the tightening mechanism and you can get the install rock the car solid without even pushing down on the seat to tighten. They put all the user-friendliness that the Keyfit has and put it in a long lasting convertible.

Belle 02-27-2013 02:16 PM

This looks so nice! Too bad I have 3 extra convertibles just sitting in our garage right now. I need another seat like I need another hole in the head.

But, my DH was wowed when he installed our new KeyFit for this newbie, so maybe he'd be okay with one more seat?

mommabritt 02-27-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica-m
I have seen a prototype in person and it's an extremely nice seat. It is comparable FF height to the Radian so it will get many kids to booster maturity. The LATCH install is as easy as it comes. There is a pulley system in the tightening mechanism and you can get the install rock the car solid without even pushing down on the seat to tighten. They put all the user-friendliness that the Keyfit has and put it in a long lasting convertible.

That's promising. Looking at the photo on the site it looks like it would be comparable to the triumph.

hilaryisinked 03-02-2013 12:42 PM

Love that they talk about extended rear facing. The seat looks pretty cool.

megs715 03-02-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica-m (Post 16337793)

Does it have more leg room than a Britax for RF?

Alaga 03-02-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica-m

Nice! I HATE our ETA convertibles and loved our Chicco infant seat, so we might need to upgrade!

monica-m 03-03-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megs715 (Post 16351811)
Does it have more leg room than a Britax for RF?

I didn't have a real child to put in it so I'm not 100% sure but it looks like it would have significantly more leg room RF than a Britax.

As far as size, I think it's comprable to a Pria.

megs715 03-03-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica-m (Post 16355315)
I didn't have a real child to put in it so I'm not 100% sure but it looks like it would have significantly more leg room RF than a Britax.

As far as size, I think it's comprable to a Pria.

Awesome, thank you. I don't think I need a new seat (I have three Britax seats for my ONE 2yr old :blush:), but I just turned her back around to rear facing, and though she seems to be just fine with her legs, it would drive me nuts to be all scrunched up like that. So you never know when one may sneak into my shopping cart!