Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1495406)

MrsFishyMarineWife 02-26-2013 09:06 PM

Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
Finally got a KA mixer and want to start making hubby's bread for sandwiches.

I'm not a baker so it needs to be easy. :)

Whole wheat prefered but white would be okay since I can get organic flour cheap.

mama_to_DJM 02-27-2013 12:23 AM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
This is the sandwich bread recipe I use. I've made it so many times that I can practically make it with my eyes closed. :) It's whole wheat and I make it with my KA mixer.

MissyMia 02-27-2013 11:08 AM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
I like the recipe from the back of the Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat flour bag, and I think it is the same as the one linked above. I usually do it in the bread machine, but I do have a KA and was wondering about making my own that way. My bread machine is on its last leg and I hate to buy a new one.

ColbyCreations 02-28-2013 09:51 AM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
Michelle, that bread looks fab. I left a post on your site, but will leave one here as well. What can I substitute for the dry milk? (We do not eat dairy)

Thank you,
Erica

mama_to_DJM 02-28-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColbyCreations (Post 16343379)
Michelle, that bread looks fab. I left a post on your site, but will leave one here as well. What can I substitute for the dry milk? (We do not eat dairy)

Thank you,
Erica

Thanks! That's a good question. I just looked at the original site for this recipe, and I saw this question & answer- "I'm lactose-intolerant, so I was wondering if I could substitute the water/dried milk with warm lactose-free milk? If so, how would that change the recipe ratio? Thanks!... I would replace the milk powder with flour and then substitute half of the water with your lactose free milk!"

You could probably try that, if you have any milk-type liquid that you drink instead. King Arthur Flour also has a baker's hotline, that is 802-649-3717. Or you could leave a question on the recipe page and I'm sure they'll answer you. :) Good luck!

tnhoover 02-28-2013 02:29 PM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
I've been looking for a good sandwich bread recipe! I'll have to try this. Have you ever made this recipe in a bread machine?

mama_to_DJM 02-28-2013 04:13 PM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnhoover (Post 16344630)
I've been looking for a good sandwich bread recipe! I'll have to try this. Have you ever made this recipe in a bread machine?

I haven't, since I don't have a bread machine. If I remember correctly though, I've heard that this dough works fine if you prep it in the bread machine but bake it in the oven (in the right size pan).

Harmony96 03-01-2013 10:39 AM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
Subbing, because I just bought about 25 pounds of wheat berries so I can start making our bread. Going to give this a try soon.

jbug_4 03-01-2013 05:12 PM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
This one is good and dairy free http://joyinmykitchen.blogspot.com/2...l#.UTFCZjApykw

This one also good. Closet to store brand but its not 100% whole wheat. http://bakingbites.com/2011/02/no-kn...andwich-bread/ . best thing is that its quick- comparatively speaking. Only take an hour including baking vs the usually 2 hours or rise time plus baking. I have been meaning to try heating the flour in my other recipes to see if I get a quick rise in all the recipes.

hbee 03-02-2013 01:54 PM

Re: Favorite sandwich bread recipe thats easy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbug_4 (Post 16349132)
This one also good. Closet to store brand but its not 100% whole wheat. http://bakingbites.com/2011/02/no-kn...andwich-bread/ . best thing is that its quick- comparatively speaking. Only take an hour including baking vs the usually 2 hours or rise time plus baking. I have been meaning to try heating the flour in my other recipes to see if I get a quick rise in all the recipes.

I was coming to post this one too.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors