Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Wednesday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1495441)

~whitehologram~ 02-27-2013 07:13 AM

Basically it's Wednesday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 02-27-2013 07:18 AM

Re: Basically it's Wednesday

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16336671)
It has been... A day.

My class was really good all day long. That was awesome! Found out a lunch today that I have an interview for the position I applied for yesterday tomorrow morning before work. Phew! That should be interesting!

E came home in a bad mood because he lost/had a Beyblade stolen at TKD, and Ru is off at a board meeting tonight. Fun evening at this house!

I think the idea of joining the army is a nifty one, Janine!

Oooo Good luck in the interview Mel :crossfingers:

Sorry about the stolen/lost toy.

I thought that too...She'd have a lot of options open to her. She really could be just about anything. She could travel the world too.

abunchoflemons 02-27-2013 07:23 AM

crongrats on interview

abunchoflemons 02-27-2013 07:25 AM

delayed school!

jwjbbrown 02-27-2013 07:33 AM

Morning. Love training days. Don't have to be anywhere until 9 yes!!!!

MH and Jerry are sleeping in. He will run her out to school before 7:45. Come home have breakfast take me to my meeting and go to work himself.

~whitehologram~ 02-27-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16338484)
Morning. Love training days. Don't have to be anywhere until 9 yes!!!!

MH and Jerry are sleeping in. He will run her out to school before 7:45. Come home have breakfast take me to my meeting and go to work himself.

lol! You have a late day and Jerry is busy busy.

redgirlsmama 02-27-2013 07:50 AM

Morning! Congrats on the interview, Mel! Janine I had thought that all German kids had to either join the military or do public service for a year or two? Am I wrong?
Yesterday felt longer than it was, then M's teacher told me they are celebrating her half bday today and did I want to bring snacks? Since she never gets to do it for her real bday I said yes so took three kids to the store on the way home. B realized that her bday is before M so she HAD to do it too, and by this time it was 4, L had been crying for 20 min over nothing and I decided Becky Homecky was taking the night off and I was buying stuff premade. Mari got cookies and I made Bella get chobani yogurt tubes so that the autistic girl wouldn't be left out bcs she is gf. Kids were squirrelly, we got rooms picked up, homework done and observations taken for the science fair project. Then L came in at about 9 to my room and proceeded to cough all night long. At 1 we gave her cough meds and we moved to a recliner, to no avail except DH slept :/

Tonight will be better, as we dry aged some steaks and I am going to try and make a potato casserole to go with it. I don't work all day so the kids will go home on the bus and I will get some time to veg out before they get home.

~whitehologram~ 02-27-2013 08:35 AM

No Jess...that's no long compulsory. It was when Heiner was younger. It only stopped last year.

jwjbbrown 02-27-2013 09:10 AM

Jess you deserve the afternoon off. I hope you take the afternoon off

cherylchoo 02-27-2013 10:00 AM

Hola mamacitas. Snow day today. Big sloppy snow loogies dropping from the trees now into 5 inches of slush. Big time cabin fever going on in here. I am sure it is partially due to the letdown of my parents no longer being at their beck and call all weekend, LOL.

Gah, Jess, if I was given such short notice on providing snacks I would be buying stuff too, even without the nut/homemade food ban here.

I think the military sounds like a great idea for Shannon. So many possibilities, lots of structure, etc. When I was in high school, West Point was trying to recruit me and I blew them off, saying no way was I military material. Had no idea at the time, because I had these high math SAT scores that few girls had, and had already aced the military placement exam in 8th grade (that is another story in itself lol), they would have given me a full scholarship in exchange for a few years of service until I was told (more like reamed lol) after the fact by our school ROTC director. I often wonder how my life would have been totally different if I had taken that path. She should totally look into that, talk to people currently serving, etc to see if it is something she'd be interested in.