Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Best Hip Carrier? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1495946)

3GirlieMommy 02-28-2013 12:13 PM

Best Hip Carrier?

I feel so silly even writing this, having been an avid baby wearer for all 3 DDs, but somehow I have never really needed a hip carrier before this LO :giggle2:. Every child is truly different! Anyway, I have an ellaroo that I have used as a hip carrier but it is either too tight or too loose, and it's the same with the moby wrap. I want to get a carrier specifically that I can put on and off easy. DD is almost 11 months old. TIA :goodvibes:

TLCx 02-28-2013 01:26 PM

Re: Best Hip Carrier?

I can't recommend a hip carrier but I would also love to hear what people have to say is the best hip carrier! My DD is 4 months and her favourite place to be is on my hip.

saturn 02-28-2013 01:28 PM

I use a wrap conversion ring sling all the time for hip carries with my 12 month old, it's very quick and easy once you get the hang of it. I also know some moms who have liked the Scootababy hip carrier.

UVASahm 02-28-2013 02:30 PM

I also use a ring sling with my 12 month old. I feel very chic when I wear it! :)

ForevergreenOrganics 02-28-2013 03:04 PM

We use a bbslen woven wrap in a rebozo carry :)

3GirlieMommy 03-01-2013 07:48 PM

I have to check out scootababy and the woven wrap, thanks!

3GirlieMommy 03-04-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForevergreenOrganics (Post 16344774)
We use a bbslen woven wrap in a rebozo carry :)

Okay forgive me but I can't find the list on DS that tells us what company matches the abbreviation. Which one is "bbslen?" TIA :headscratch::giggle2:

3GirlieMommy 03-04-2013 12:29 PM

Found it! Bali Baby Stretch. Any other good hip carriers out there?

saturn 03-04-2013 02:19 PM

Actually, BB Slen is not an abbreviation, it is a woven wrap manufacturer (and totally separate from Bali Baby Stretch wraps). :thumbsup:
If you google "BB slen" you'll find several online stores that sell their wraps. They are one of the more affordable brands of wraps.

3GirlieMommy 03-04-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturn (Post 16358496)
Actually, BB Slen is not an abbreviation, it is a woven wrap manufacturer (and totally separate from Bali Baby Stretch wraps). :thumbsup:
If you google "BB slen" you'll find several online stores that sell their wraps. They are one of the more affordable brands of wraps.

Thanks, that helps a lot! :goodvibes: are these similar in length to the ellaroo woven wraps? If so I have I have one already... Maybe I just need to try a different way of getting DD into it...