Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homesteading (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Favorites... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496040)

aumismommy 02-28-2013 04:18 PM

Having a testing day that is turning around so wanted to keep on the positive....so-

What is your ONE favorite crop to grow and why? (For whatever reason)

What is tour favorite animal to raise and why? (Specify breed too, children don't count!)

What is your favorite "chore" and why? (Because some of them can be fun! Husbands/partners don't count! Lol! Had to say it!)

aumismommy 02-28-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aumismommy
Having a testing day that is turning around so wanted to keep on the positive....so-

What is tour favorite animal to raise and why? (Specify breed too, children don't count!)

What is your favorite "chore" and why? (Because some of them can be fun! Husbands/partners don't count! Lol! Had to say it!)

Oh gosh I hope I didn't offend anyone with my little ad-lib jokes in there :/

MrsCrafty 03-01-2013 08:11 AM

Re: Favorites...

Well probably cucumbers because I :wub: pickles. Seriously, it's like an obsession. :giggle:

Well all we have are yorkshire pigs, and silkie chicks. I love the piglets, I got specifically attached to a runt we bottle fed last summer (picture wilbur) she came when I called her, and knew my voice, would sit in our laps. Very smart animals!

I honestly don't do much :blush: I care for our chicks, and they're fun to watch the kids with. If I bring a runt to the house to bottle feed then I take care of it(though I've caught DH feeding them once or twice even though he acts like he doesn't like it), I'm looking forward to collecting eggs! My parents got me an awesome vintage egg basket :goodvibes:

3lilbubs 03-01-2013 09:10 AM

CORN!!! It grows fast and tall and makes me feel like I have a "real" farm. There's absolutely nothing like biting into a fresh ear of corn!

Favorite animal... well chickens obviously. That's all I've got right now. :) I love birds though, always have. Chickens satisfy my love of birds and you can't beat having eggs from the back yard every day.

I love planting time. There's nothing quite as satisfying as putting new plants in the ground! I also love to collect eggs.

dublinup 03-01-2013 11:04 AM

Tomatoes, because there is nothing like the smell of the leaves on your hands, and they taste soooo much better than what you get at the store.

Jersey calves because actually getting them to survive is really hard, so it feels really rewarding.

Geckmumto3 03-01-2013 11:52 AM

Tomatoes here, too. Real tomatoes are so delicious... Straight from the vine, standing in the sunshine... Yum. DH even will go out there with a pepper grinder and eat them right there in the garden.

Second would be berries. Apparently I have issues with eating in my garden.

Garlic and potatoes would be third. Because it amazes me EVERY time.

(did you say we only had to choose one? :giggle:)

Animal would have to be chickens because that is all we raise, so far.

Favourite chore? Still collecting eggs and checking on the birds. It can be drudgery in the long winter months, but they are always so happy to see me and chatter away. And there is truly nothing like getting eggs from your own chickens, I would agree. I once read a parenting book by a comic (I think it was Paul Reiser) and he commented on how breastfeeding is fascinating to him -- like getting toast from your elbow. :giggle2: I still feel that way, after all these eggs, about getting eggs from the barn.