Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   March UYS Game - CHATTER Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496326)

RockinLou 03-01-2013 02:15 PM

March UYS Game - CHATTER Thread

March Use Your Stash Game - Chatter away!!

RockinLou 03-01-2013 03:32 PM

Re: March UYS Game - CHATTER Thread

Please ask any questions about the game and the rules here!

As host this month I took the liberty of adding points for quilters, as many quilters over the past 6 months have asked about how their work counts, as for many who piece traditional and large scale quilts it can take over a year to work through it, especially if you are doing a block of the month quilt.

There will definitely be some questions and sorting things out, and I'm willing to make edits and adjustments if needed!

stevensmom 03-01-2013 03:34 PM

Question about the quilting...does fabric quantitiy count too?

say you use 5 yards of fabric for the top, do you get points for that as well as sewing the top points that you have

Rdesonia 03-01-2013 03:45 PM

I'm so glad the first week is upcycling! I really want to get busy upcycling a bunch of sweaters and I started taking off sleeves this morning!

Kaylacherie88 03-01-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I'm so glad the first week is upcycling! I really want to get busy upcycling a bunch of sweaters and I started taking off sleeves this morning!

I didn't even see that when I did my little duffle bag! Woohoo :-)

RockinLou 03-01-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16348814)
Question about the quilting...does fabric quantitiy count too?

say you use 5 yards of fabric for the top, do you get points for that as well as sewing the top points that you have

I would say ONLY if you start AND finish the quilt in the timeframe of the month

because if that's the case you aren't likely to get many points for any other projects! that is why I broke down points for squares, borders, and actual quilting, so those who have quilting UFOs have a motivation to finish them up!

RockinLou 03-01-2013 03:49 PM

I have found that when I start the game, if there isn't a UFO/upcycle week those projecs get shelved until the next month, and then they are dusty because I loose my mojo!

happysmileylady 03-01-2013 04:12 PM

Posting here, will post in the other...I AM going to sew this month. I AM going to sew this month. LOTS!

RockinLou 03-01-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happysmileylady (Post 16348972)
Posting here, will post in the other...I AM going to sew this month. I AM going to sew this month. LOTS!

Me TOOO!!!

really. I PROMISE. :cry:

happysmileylady 03-01-2013 04:18 PM

Iam going to sew tonight in fact! My kids are making me CRAZY so the moment DH walks in the door, they are his and I am hiding in the sewing room.