Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Big Mamas March Thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496494)

Macyllehub 03-02-2013 08:54 AM

The Big Mamas March Thread

Here goes the monthly thread for The Big Mamas...

This thread is for the mamas who have a long road ahead of them... Naomi started this thread because she felt that the Big Mamas face different struggles when working on weight loss. We don't just need to lose a few pounds to feel happy, we need to drop large portions of weight to be healthy and active!

Feel free to join me and the other ladies anytime!

If you feel comfortable give:

Your name
Starting Weight
Current Weight
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March)
Long-Term Goal
Weight Lost to Date
Weight Loss Plan

Macyllehub 03-02-2013 09:06 AM

Re: The Big Mamas March Thread

Your name Macy
Starting Weight 220
Current Weight 188
Short-Term Goal 175 by end of April, begin working out 5 times a week again.
Long-Term Goal 135-150, where ever feels right. Not looking for the number, looking for the "this is right for me" feeling that is maintainable and healthy.
Weight Lost to Date 32 lbs.
Weight Loss Plan Work out, eat right, have fun.

Hey ladies, can I come back, again?! I cannot believe I gained 10 lbs back of my 40 lost last year. I took 3 months off during the holidays and basically lost all sugar control I had gained over the last year. I am so sad to see that number on the scale but really, it's just 10 lbs, I didn't gain back the whole 40 over night. The weather around here is finally perking up a bit and that means I can work out more again. I don't pay for gym memberships, but love love love to get outside and play with my kids on the trampoline, go jogging, etc.

So, I need to buckle down and get strict with sugar again. It is my Achilles heel. It is what I can only equate to what must be like a drug addiction. It's brutal. Seriously brutal. So, that's my one goal this month - NO SUGAR. None. Nada. Not a bite. It's not worth the crashes, the tears, the craving and hunting for it. This is a full scale addiction. If it were alcohol, my kidneys would have given out already.

slimy72 03-02-2013 09:07 AM

Your name Laurel
Starting Weight 185 (195 the month before I "officially" started)
Current Weight 155
Short-Term Goal 155 (into the healthy BMI!!!) by October1--MET!-- Long-Term Goal 135lbs or 50 lbs lost
New Short Term Goal- Maintain weight and not gain over Christmas
Weight Lost to Date 30lbs
Weight Loss Plan Eat to keep blood sugar under control, track food using Myfitnesspal, add in exercise again.

And another month of starting at 155. Hoping I can end lighter. really hoping I'll get the lb I got off last month off again soon.

The sad thing is the above is a cut and paste from last month and it's still accurate. Am I ever going to start losing again?

slimy72 03-02-2013 09:10 AM

Macy- I just posted this in the other thread. HOping it helps my sugar addiction: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/h...-cookies.html#

slimy72 03-02-2013 09:21 AM

And Amber, a while ago you were trying to do a vegi tray or something and I remember the ranch dip was stumping me. Well, I found this today and I thought of you: http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2009/...ng-recipe.html

tallanvor 03-02-2013 09:24 AM

Macy, you're not the only one with a sugar addiction. When DH leaves (he deploys soon) I'm going to really tackle mine. I thought about doing it earlier, but Autumn and I are going on a mission trip later this month, and I don't know what's going to be on the menu that week and I don't feel like putting in the effort to make sure I can eat super clean, so I'll eat as clean as I can.

tallanvor 03-02-2013 09:25 AM

Oh, and Laurel, don't stress over the month being a copy and paste. I've had the same stats for a year or so, despite the good months.

3lilbubs 03-02-2013 10:01 AM

Name: Elizabeth (Liz)
Start weight: 201
Current Weight: 181 :lostit:
Short-Term Goal: 175 by the time I finish phase 2 of p90x, (2wks)
Long-Term Goal: 140lbs by the end of summer
Weight Lost to Date: 20lbs
Weight Loss Plan: approx 1200 cal/day, eating clean, P90x 6days/wk and stationary bike 45min/7days wk

I've lost 20lbs now! :lostit: That's 1/3 of the way to my goal!!!!

3lilbubs 03-02-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor (Post 16350923)
Macy, you're not the only one with a sugar addiction. When DH leaves (he deploys soon) I'm going to really tackle mine. I thought about doing it earlier, but Autumn and I are going on a mission trip later this month, and I don't know what's going to be on the menu that week and I don't feel like putting in the effort to make sure I can eat super clean, so I'll eat as clean as I can.

I'm terrible about this. I found a lot of hidden sugar in things I wasn't even thinking about. Lots in the stuff I was using to season meats for dinner, tons in my coffee cream and of course I was adding sugar to that. :blush: I don't even crave the dark chocolates since I quit using the non dairy creamer and oddly enough, eating fruit for breakfast and lunch seems to squelch the desire for junk too.

Macyllehub 03-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimy72 (Post 16350886)
Macy- I just posted this in the other thread. HOping it helps my sugar addiction: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/h...-cookies.html#

Looks yummy but I can't do it. I'm a cold-turkey kind of woman. And after a few weeks, I did great for months and months without a bite of sugar. I felt great, I looked better than I had in years etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lilbubs (Post 16351021)
Name: Elizabeth (Liz)
Start weight: 201
Current Weight: 181 :lostit:
Short-Term Goal: 175 by the time I finish phase 2 of p90x, (2wks)
Long-Term Goal: 140lbs by the end of summer
Weight Lost to Date: 20lbs
Weight Loss Plan: approx 1200 cal/day, eating clean, P90x 6days/wk and stationary bike 45min/7days wk

I've lost 20lbs now! :lostit: That's 1/3 of the way to my goal!!!!

:yay: :congrats: GO YOU!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lilbubs (Post 16351037)
I'm terrible about this. I found a lot of hidden sugar in things I wasn't even thinking about. Lots in the stuff I was using to season meats for dinner, tons in my coffee cream and of course I was adding sugar to that. :blush: I don't even crave the dark chocolates since I quit using the non dairy creamer and oddly enough, eating fruit for breakfast and lunch seems to squelch the desire for junk too.

I'm great with the nothing hidden. I drink black coffee, or with a bit of fresh-from-the-goat-milk, I don't care for fruit in general, I like "plain" things... It's the cakes, cookies, etc that are "healthier than others" that get me. I make them with fresh ground whole wheat flour, eggs layed from my chickens, etc and rationalize it when in the end, it's no better in terms of raw sugar consumption. :blush: