Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   When did the stretchmarks come for you? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496696)

bananaclip 03-03-2013 05:23 AM

When did the stretchmarks come for you?

Q: When did your stretch marks arrive?

I am genetically predisposed to the marks. I already have them on my breasts and hips from youth growth spurts, and I was never overweight. My mom has them too.

BUT, I am due in 39 days and I don't have a one yet! I gained 30 pounds so far, I am all belly (and some swollen legs/breasts).

(I have been creaming excessively. I use coconut oil, a mix of 100% pure shea butter/cocobutter, and I top off during the day with EarthMotherAngeBaby oil and another different oil. I also spend 15 minutes, at least, rubbing the creams in. And I take 6 fish oil caplets and put coconut oil in my smoothies, for some internal lube. Since the placebo effect is real, I may as well use it :)

Katie180 03-03-2013 05:53 AM

Mine were after birth but were never colored if that makes sense. They have significantly faded and I never notice them!

LaurenAppenzeller 03-03-2013 06:02 AM

Re: When did the stretchmarks come for you?

I was like you that I got them right after highschool on my boobs and hips and I've been through 2 pregnancies with not one new one anywhere, so you may just not get any. I only know one of my friends that has got them from being pregnant and they are really bad but she went from like 90 lbs and got HUGE. oh and I gained quite a bit with my first 40lbs maybe 45 and never used anything to prevent them I hardly even put lotion on.

Ainmemphis 03-03-2013 06:07 AM

I have stretch marks from growth spurts growing up but never got them with either of my pregnancies and I never used anything to try and prevent them. My mother never got them I thought I read somewhere that it could be related to genetics.

evasimone 03-03-2013 06:19 AM

I only gained 25 lbs and started getting stretch marks right from the get go. Literally within 6 weeks I had my first ones. :( I even had people tell me how small I looked. My friend didn't get them until the last 2 weeks of her pregnancy but she went 42 weeks.

mommy24babes 03-03-2013 06:35 AM

I don't think mine came until I was around 34 weeks. I was thinking that I was going to get away without them. I also put on 60 lbs that pregnancy on my pre preg 100 lb body.

hbee 03-03-2013 06:38 AM

I got one on each breast, after delivery, when my milk came in. That's all.

apboyles 03-03-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbee (Post 16353401)
I got one on each breast, after delivery, when my milk came in. That's all.

I got more than one but same thing here. And really, I think I got more on my bigger boob than I did on my smaller boob. Weird.

joeslittlewoman 03-03-2013 09:29 AM

I have them on my hips and butt from puberty (I was a very lean, muscular 100lbs with stretch marks--bad genetics, I guess).

With ODS I didn't get tummy stretch marks until I was overdue (and my tummy was huge since he was almost 10lbs). I got one or two on my breasts from weight gain. Didn't end up breastfeeding past the first month, didn't get engorged.

(Eta: I did get calf stretch marks in my first pregnancy from swelling. During the first trimester. Hadn't gained a pound, either, but there they were on my calves. WTF!!)

With DS2 I got more stretch marks on my breasts, as I had a massive supply. Even got some after a year of nursing. I'm sure tummy stretch marks were added. There are a ton of "crop circles".

This time I think I've seen one or two stretch marks that look like they are fresh, but this is the first pregnancy I am not measuring several weeks ahead.

Steph Ed 03-03-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis (Post 16353359)
I have stretch marks from growth spurts growing up but never got them with either of my pregnancies and I never used anything to try and prevent them. My mother never got them I thought I read somewhere that it could be related to genetics.

This is me, too. I've also always heard we are genetically predisposed to get stretchmarks.