Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Can we talk about anovulatory bleeding? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496967)

Spunkify 03-04-2013 06:12 AM

Can we talk about anovulatory bleeding?

I've had AF back since Noah was about 5 1/2 months old. My periods have been pretty regular as far as cycle length goes.

My cycle length for the last few months have been:
(Feb) 24 days
(Feb) 28 days; Yep, two cd1s in one month
(Jan) 24 days
(Dec) 29 days
(Nov) 27 days

When AF surprised me a few days ago it was a very heavy flow. By day 3 it was spotting, day 4 was even less spotting. That is very short and light bleeding for me. Because of that I thought back, and determined that the previous cycle I really didn't notice EWCM as much or as often as I do on the longer cycles. I remember making a comment to myself like "No EWCM?" which leads me to think that maybe I didn't ovulate.

However, gauging by the January cycle, I had a 13 day LP. If that stands true for the other cycles, and LP is usually pretty consistent right, that means I would have ovulated-if I did-about CD11. I know that is possible for me because the cycle we conceived B I Oed on CD10 so that makes me wonder maybe I did ovulate earlier and just missed it.

What do you all think about my mess of a cycle? Thinking I could have experienced anovulatory bleeding? Maybe I'm not Oing consistently?

I have OPKs coming from Amazon, ClinicalGuard brand, they should arrive this week sometime. I figured it was best that I do a better job of pinpointing my O.

momEmac 03-04-2013 06:42 PM

I won't be much help, I just wanted to say I am experiencing something similar. I had a 26 day cycle, and a 33 day cycle so far this year and I'm on cd19 and I've not o'd yet this month. I've not been tracking anything other than for tta until a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure I've been o'ing up until this cycle because I've had EWCM around cd14/15 every other month. I think I might need to start temping since my DS is finally sleeping all night. Anyway, I just wanted to offer my sympathy. I hope you figure out what's going on!

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes. :)

jennayoung99 03-05-2013 07:44 AM

I can't be sure about your situation but my annovulatory cycles were always really long, like 44 day or 56 day cycles. I would assume a short cycle would mean you most likely ovulated, especially if you are prone to an early O Like you said.

l_Kimmie_l 03-09-2013 06:08 AM

Re: Can we talk about anovulatory bleeding?

I used to have 27-29 day cycles that were annovulatory, so it is very possible. If you are breastfeeding this is even more likely as prolactin suppresses LH and FSH which reduces the amount of estrogen in your system. This keeps follicles and eggs from maturing. So you could have enough estrogen and then higher progesterone to make a thicker uterine lining, but not release an egg.

rchamberlain 03-12-2013 04:59 PM

Re: Can we talk about anovulatory bleeding?

My cycles didn't go back to regular after this last baby until almost 12 months. It was awful. But I figured BF'ing just wrecks your cycle anyway and to wait it out until my body got the hang of things again. I wouldn't stress it too much unless you're doubled over in pain or losing a lot of blood.