Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   New car fit- Fusion or Accord (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496980)

Junglebugg225 03-04-2013 07:36 AM

New car fit- Fusion or Accord

Are where we are headed. Right now, I have 2 RFing seats in a 2-door civic- :banghead:
Can I get some input on fusion or Accord please!! How do RFing seats fit for you? TIA!!

~Liz~ Married to the love of my life. :goodvibes: CDing, BFing mama of 2 lovely ladies (8/15/11 & 12/18/12) after TTC for 5 years. :thumbsup: eBay feedback/profile: Junglebugg225

Steph Ed 03-04-2013 07:57 AM

Re: New car fit- Fusion or Accord

I have a 2 door civic and put my newborn's seat behind mine (driver side) and duuuuuuuude, I was in the windshield!!! I have to switch sides before we go anywhere else. But, I digress. I would choose the Accord. I am a total Honda lover. Our civic is 11 years old has 270,000 miles and still going strong! I am a Ford fan also (our other vehicle is an F-150 I LOVE. But, if I had to choose between the two makers, it would be Honda all the way.

ETA: Sorry I don't have Feedback for seat positioning. I reread you initial post.

jcarter 03-04-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junglebugg225 (Post 16356831)
Are where we are headed. Right now, I have 2 RFing seats in a 2-door civic- :banghead:

no advice, I'm just amazed that you can make this work! I thought I was squeezed for room in my Fit with one RFing seat...

abunchoflemons 03-04-2013 08:06 AM

how tall are you? i'm five foot one and our was ok but bigger people like my hubby about 5foot eight out is a bit snug.

Junglebugg225 03-04-2013 04:12 PM

I'm 5'5 & I sit really far back from the steering wheel!!

~Liz~ Married to the love of my life. :goodvibes: CDing, BFing mama of 2 lovely ladies (8/15/11 & 12/18/12) after TTC for 5 years. :thumbsup: eBay feedback/profile: Junglebugg225

Junglebugg225 03-04-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcarter

no advice, I'm just amazed that you can make this work! I thought I was squeezed for room in my Fit with one RFing seat...

You should see it!! I laugh watching us go anywhere!! You should see people's looks as we are walking towards the car with a carrying infant car seat & a toddler. And just as they think we are going to the car next to it, I hit the unlock & the lights flash! Ha!!

Junglebugg225 03-04-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph Ed
I have a 2 door civic and put my newborn's seat behind mine (driver side) and duuuuuuuude, I was in the windshield!!! I have to switch sides before we go anywhere else. But, I digress. I would choose the Accord. I am a total Honda lover. Our civic is 11 years old has 270,000 miles and still going strong! I am a Ford fan also (our other vehicle is an F-150 I LOVE. But, if I had to choose between the two makers, it would be Honda all the way.

ETA: Sorry I don't have Feedback for seat positioning. I reread you initial post.

I'm a TOTAL Honda lover! This is my 4th one & my 3rd civic. BUT, due to financial strains, we had to get outside financing & are more limited with where we can buy & our amount. My hubby also works at a dealership, so we are able to get a better deal- used or new. They do have a civic that they just took in, just waiting to hear back for some numbers.

I went & drove a Kia Soul today too... I wish it had a bigger 'trunk' area!!

Junglebugg225 03-04-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph Ed

Oh & the infant seat is behind the driver... And the RFing toddler is behind the passenger- it's still a joke!!

luvsviola 03-05-2013 09:18 PM

DH drives an 04 Accord. We have in there RF Radian, FF Radian, Maestro, and have done RF FF RF Radians, and RF Radian, FF Radian, RF Classic Marathon.

Oh, and RF Marathon, FF Radian, Onboard 35.

I've also had RF TrueFit Premier in there, but not 3 across. :)

Junglebugg225 03-06-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsviola
DH drives an 04 Accord. We have in there RF Radian, FF Radian, Maestro, and have done RF FF RF Radians, and RF Radian, FF Radian, RF Classic Marathon.

Oh, and RF Marathon, FF Radian, Onboard 35.

I've also had RF TrueFit Premier in there, but not 3 across. :)

THAT is awesome!! Thank you!!