Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   HS Check In March 4-19 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497009)

Jen's_4 03-04-2013 09:11 AM

HS Check In March 4-19

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin

Jen's_4 03-04-2013 09:18 AM

Re: HS Check In March 4-19

I'm such a slacker about getting these threads up. Actually lately I'm a slacker about most things because my pregnancy fatigue has kicked in and I'm spending a lot of time on the couch.

We have been plugging along with homeschooling--most days anyway, and I think we're up to day 86 or so. Most days I feel like we're making progress with reading, some days not, but right now I'm pretty content with it. We've done most of our work for today...I'm not sure if we'll finish the rest or not.

2queens&1princenmyhouse 03-04-2013 09:44 AM

We're really moving slow this morning. I just went in and sat on DD1 and pretended to fart on her to get her out of bed. Yes, I am THAT mom! :giggle:

Babies will NOT nap today! Ack!

7mom7 03-04-2013 10:11 AM

Well, no school for us so far today. I did read 2 books out loud but more importantly I took some time for myself to exercise. I HAVE to lose weight...its such a struggle to find the time to work on myself. I know I'll be a better mom if I get my health under control. First a shower then lunch and some afternoon school work. Considering switching our schedule to school in the afternoons. Does anyone else do afternoons?

Mysweetseven 03-04-2013 10:23 AM

It's been awhile since I've checked in. Last check in I mentioned that we had been notified we had to take the state testing.YIKES!!! It was an eye opener for me. I've know for awhile that we've needed to buckle down and keep on a schedule so that has been the push we needed.

of course after that we had the stomach stuff, then the respiratory, back to the stomach....YUCK YUCK YUCK!! Then state tournaments for my older boys that wrestle so we lost a week and a half to that too.....

But all in all I think we've held it together pretty good.

7mom7--I am in the same boat as you, I know I need to get the weight off but finding time for myself is crazy, when the weather was nice I had a friend that would come to town and walk with me at 5am, we would walk 3 miles a day and I still couldn't get the weight to budge...I'm thinking I might need to go back to WW...I hate to pay for it and I know with the kids schedules I"m not sure I can get there each week, I just need to be accountable to someone other than myself I guess.
DD does school in the mornings and DS"s in the afternoon, in the middle we do a few things together.

My new motto I got from Hatchet (DD is reading it)
Stay Positive
Stay On Top of Things

7mom7 03-04-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysweetseven (Post 16357539)
7mom7--I am in the same boat as you, I know I need to get the weight off but finding time for myself is crazy, when the weather was nice I had a friend that would come to town and walk with me at 5am, we would walk 3 miles a day and I still couldn't get the weight to budge...I'm thinking I might need to go back to WW...I hate to pay for it and I know with the kids schedules I"m not sure I can get there each week, I just need to be accountable to someone other than myself I guess.
DD does school in the mornings and DS"s in the afternoon, in the middle we do a few things together.

My new motto I got from Hatchet (DD is reading it)
Stay Positive
Stay On Top of Things

WW is awesome but I have the same concerns. The meetings are pretty far from where we live and it would be expensive on membership and gas to get out there. If I stop losing though I'll probably sign up. The accountability really helps. This week I've given up bread b/c it is a huge weakness for me. I have a milestone b-day coming up this summer and I'm determined to lose 30 pounds before then! Maybe we need a HS weight loss thread!

tallanvor 03-04-2013 11:27 AM

The younger ones have not managed to accomplish much today, I don't think. I've been doing writing (we just started IEW) with Autumn and I'm not hearing much from the back of the house. That means the younger two are either playing quietly together, or Aiden is working and Natalie is playing by herself. She needs me to do schoolwork with her, so I'm not concerned about that. We often do her schoolwork in the afternoons. I'm getting ready to go make some lunch, shape the bread dough for the second rise, and then I don't know. I have a ridiculously long list of things I want to accomplish this week. Probably half of it is stuff that's just been building up for awhile (like to reorganize the jars in the pantry and some mending).

2queens&1princenmyhouse 03-04-2013 12:38 PM

I would be all over a HS weight loss thread! I would be happy with losing about 15 pounds and then firming up all the flab. DS loves to play with my double chin and arm fat because its "so soft and squishy!" :yuck: That's a real self-esteem builder!

We're making a little headway. Both girls have geography, spelling and PE done. DD1 is working on math and DD2 is annoying her. I suppose I should go stop that. :rolleyes:

lyn1270 03-04-2013 02:08 PM

I would be in a HS Weight Loss thread as well. Seems that after DS3 I just can't seem to get the weight off and keep it off. I did a high protein diet a few yrs back, dropped the weight like crazy, went through a CRAZY bad year w/DH, and put all the weight back and some change :/ Plus, turns out the high protein diet pretty much destroyed my gallbladder....sigh. Anyway, so now I'm vegan for my gallbladder. I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of eating healthier w/a vegan diet, but I'm getting there. I've lost 3lbs in February, and I'm basically OK with that. I would ideally love to drop about 30lbs his year.

HSing in the afternoon....I have done it w/DS1, but it works w/him. W/my littles, I don't do much of anything w/them in the school arena past 1 or 2pm as they are just too cranky/tired. I might read a book or watch some educational thing w/them, but other than that no HSing in the p.m. for the littles.

AFU: we've had a pretty decent day today. DS3 woke up whiney and pitiful :eyeroll: It annoys me to no end...sigh. DS1, however, joyfully and pleasantly did his school work (the world could be ending!). And DS2 is getting so big boy about everything. My heart is bursting at the seams at how proud I am of him <3 For YEARS others around me have told me I baby DS2 too much....or he would be better served in PS.....or that he's obviously delayed so I'm obvioulsy doing something wrong....and on and on and on. Well, to all they naysayers about how I raise my boys, DS2 has BLOSSOMED this year!! He is coming more out of his shell; his speech is improving every day (he is VERY shy mainly due to a speech impairment); his academics have all of a sudden just taken off; he is showing an interest in school work/reading. So I'm obviously not as horrible as others made me out to be ;) I'm kinda awesome :giggle: Actually, it's God that is awsesome!! by listening to him and following Him instead of those around me, my DS2 is thriving and amazing <3

2queens&1princenmyhouse 03-05-2013 11:08 AM

Lyn-that's awesome! Glad he's coming around! :)

AFU: All three kids had dr. appts this morning, so we've been kind of lazy. School starts after lunch! :)