Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   insanity, and loosing milk supply (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497834)

**rachel** 03-06-2013 09:21 PM

insanity, and loosing milk supply

I'm bf my dd. She is 7 months. I want to know if anybody had lost their milk supply while doing insanity, or p90x . Thank you ladies

briggsy13 03-07-2013 07:26 AM

Re: insanity, and loosing milk supply

I haven't worked out with a program like that while nursing. But I would think as long as you are still eating plenty of calories than you should be fine. If you notice a decrease supply I would up your water intake by a lot and increase your food, with good healthy foods. GOod Luck!!

PBAki 03-07-2013 07:53 AM

I would say at least increase your calories by 1,000 which includes the 500 calories for BF'ng.

I haven't done P90X but have done couple rounds of Insanity and I incorporate it twice a week with four days of weight training. You'll be starving honestly if you do Insanity or similar activities at least five times a week.

Insanity alone burns up to 700 or so calories in an hour; and that's not counting whatever calories that's used to restore your body. Water intake would be critical as at least for me drinking 32 oz of water is usually done during the workout not to mention you will be covered in sweat (if you sweat easily especially) the first 10 minutes of the warm up. An ounce of water for every two pounds of your body weight might be a good measure.

Food wise increase your lean protein intake, good fats and healthy source of carbohydrates. If you find it hard to add more protein into the diet I would consider using protein shake or meal replacements. Especially with Insanity you'll want to eat no later than 45 minutes after the workout to replenish your body and basically have the body switch to a restoring mode.

Insanity is great for both speed, strength and leaning out. But also it does require you to do a lot of jumping and moves that require explosive movement so if there are any concerns I would speak to a professional before starting this type of exercise. Good luck :)

krispy79 03-10-2013 10:33 AM

I tried with both my children to do even minimal workouts and my supply would drastically suffer, didn't matter how many more calories I consumed or how much water I drank stopping exercise was what helped. I had to stick with just yoga and walking, I guess the hormones released from exercising triggered my milk hormones.
I try increasing your water intake first or before really getting into the DVDs

**rachel** 03-11-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briggsy13 (Post 16368943)
I haven't worked out with a program like that while nursing. But I would think as long as you are still eating plenty of calories than you should be fine. If you notice a decrease supply I would up your water intake by a lot and increase your food, with good healthy foods. GOod Luck!!

thank you!!! :goodvibes: this totally makes sense!

**rachel** 03-11-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBAki (Post 16369029)
I would say at least increase your calories by 1,000 which includes the 500 calories for BF'ng.

I haven't done P90X but have done couple rounds of Insanity and I incorporate it twice a week with four days of weight training. You'll be starving honestly if you do Insanity or similar activities at least five times a week.

Insanity alone burns up to 700 or so calories in an hour; and that's not counting whatever calories that's used to restore your body. Water intake would be critical as at least for me drinking 32 oz of water is usually done during the workout not to mention you will be covered in sweat (if you sweat easily especially) the first 10 minutes of the warm up. An ounce of water for every two pounds of your body weight might be a good measure.

Food wise increase your lean protein intake, good fats and healthy source of carbohydrates. If you find it hard to add more protein into the diet I would consider using protein shake or meal replacements. Especially with Insanity you'll want to eat no later than 45 minutes after the workout to replenish your body and basically have the body switch to a restoring mode.

Insanity is great for both speed, strength and leaning out. But also it does require you to do a lot of jumping and moves that require explosive movement so if there are any concerns I would speak to a professional before starting this type of exercise. Good luck :)

thank you mama!! i'm horrible with keeping up with my calorie intake(i dont eat enough when im working out) so this helped me a lot!):thumbsup:

**rachel** 03-11-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krispy79 (Post 16380009)
I tried with both my children to do even minimal workouts and my supply would drastically suffer, didn't matter how many more calories I consumed or how much water I drank stopping exercise was what helped. I had to stick with just yoga and walking, I guess the hormones released from exercising triggered my milk hormones.
I try increasing your water intake first or before really getting into the DVDs

i have done p90x (the whole program) while bf my 2nd kid. he was over a year tho and well he didn't need the breast milk. needless to say he weaned himself very shortly after i started my program. I managed to loose 50+ lbs.:) ahh im just so ready to workout, but i do not want my 7 month old dd to wean.

trying4more 03-11-2013 10:20 PM

I did about 2 weeks of insanity before my knees couldn't take it anymore!
No supply dip and dd is one year.
I'm doing Les Mills combat now and love it!!!

LandSalm0n 03-27-2013 06:14 PM

I'd be interested in hearing what you think about px90... it's super intimidating to me!