Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   If you were NIP... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14983)

bethanyjoy 06-16-2006 02:49 PM

If you were NIP...

...would you rather hear no comment or a positive comment?

I've been seeing more and more moms NIP lately (YAY!!! :happyclap: ) and every time I do I wonder if it would be appropriate to make a positive comment or if it's better to be quiet.

On the one hand, I want to encourage them, kwim? But....I don't want to make them uncomfortable, or think that they're being obvious...in most cases, I only know they are nursing because I've BTDT. :giggle:

What do you think? What specificially would you like to hear or NOT hear? :popcorn:

CMamma 06-16-2006 02:50 PM

Re: If you were NIP...

I'm gonna need a def of NIP... b/c all I'm coming up w/is "New in package" LOL TIA

ocfb16 06-16-2006 02:53 PM

took me a mintute too...lol!

Nursing in public

wbkt8 06-16-2006 02:54 PM

i'm not sure bethany. i've seen a few other moms nip and felt like i wanted to say something, but the opportunity didn't really present itself. i do usually try to smile at them though. i guess i've only had like one or two comments (both positive/neutral) while NIP and really they were more about breastfeeding than the NIP aspect of it.

bethanyjoy 06-16-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CottonMamma
I'm gonna need a def of NIP... b/c all I'm coming up w/is "New in package" LOL TIA

:spit: :rofl:

As the PP said...nursing in public...now I'm seriously LMBO though...

bethanyjoy 06-16-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbkt8
i'm not sure bethany. i've seen a few other moms nip and felt like i wanted to say something, but the opportunity didn't really present itself. i do usually try to smile at them though. i guess i've only had like one or two comments (both positive/neutral) while NIP and really they were more about breastfeeding than the NIP aspect of it.

I'm torn between not wanting to make somebody uncomfortable, and yet wondering if a word of encouragement might be helpful, kwim? Tough one...

wbkt8 06-16-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanyjoy
I'm torn between not wanting to make somebody uncomfortable, and yet wondering if a word of encouragement might be helpful, kwim? Tough one...

well, you know if someone came up and commented on how much they loved dd's diapers and that they use cloth too, i would be thrilled. so i think that if someone else who NIPs came up and said something about how great they thought it was, etc. i probably would be happy about it.

CMamma 06-16-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanyjoy
:spit: :rofl:

As the PP said...nursing in public...now I'm seriously LMBO though...

So long as I made someone smile :)

Ok... I smile at moms when I see them NIP. I had someone give me a card that said thanks for nursing in public once & it totally made my day. Another time a gramma age lady came up to me while I was nursing & told me "Oh it's so great to see a young mom brave all the stares so she can feed her baby right." & that made my day too! I have cards I carry now that say a short thank you for NIP...

kissum 06-16-2006 03:26 PM

I'd love for someone to come up to me and say good for you :)

Kimmomy2dom 06-16-2006 03:38 PM

Those cards would be nice. LOL, I might feel a little geeky walking up to someone and getting in their face and thanking them for it in person, though. DH tells me I'm too forward a lot of the time - so I try to pay attention to that, LOL. I dunno... I guess I would just smile. You could always try it once and see what happens, though!