Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Help! I want to start cloth diapering!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498364)

ashxoh 03-08-2013 05:45 PM

Help! I want to start cloth diapering!!!

I have an almost 6 month old.. And I am going to take the plunge into cloth diapering. I want to be a super crunchy mama!! I am lost as where to start. Can anyone help point me in the right direction as to what I need???

KaleidoscopeEyes 03-08-2013 05:51 PM

I would just buy some kawaii one size pockets. They are cheap and you may never need to size up if you have a skinny toddler. Cloth wipes are nice but you can get cheap baby washcloths that work too. I just wet them. A bucket for the bathroom. You only need like 24 dipes, you can buy a whole stash brand new for like $117

http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/limite...ks-get-20-off/

nonipie 03-08-2013 05:56 PM

Re: Help! I want to start cloth diapering!!!

What are you looking for mama? Have you read the sticky? I would first figure out what the different types are and then go from there. Each style has it's own pros and cons. When I first started I would look at lots of different diaper styles at Green Mountain Diapers, Cotton Babies, Nicki's Diapers to name a few. Then if I found one I was interested in I would look at reviews on Diaper Pin. There are also lots of great tutorials and reviews on Youtube.

mommaroo2Lou 03-08-2013 08:04 PM

I started when my DD was about 9 mos old. I read a lot of reviews too but it was really hard for me to figure out what I wanted till I tried it. I like the route of just buying someone else stash, hopefully one with some variety, and figuring it out from there.

betsybikes 03-08-2013 09:25 PM

I found a small lot of BGEs on Craigslist, bought a 5 gallon bucket for stinkies and took the plunge. Then I found this site, honed in my washing routine and went crazy on trying everything out on FSOT.

Good luck getting started!

ParkersMommy7611 03-09-2013 12:14 AM

It took me 2 months to finally make a decision and buy! My personal favorite is Kellyscloset.com. But like pp said YouTube and a lot of it! You can find mommas (and a few dads) reviewing just about every diaper there is!!

flylady0505 03-09-2013 12:51 AM

If you don't want to spend a lot look for prefolds infant size 4x8x4 and get some diaper safari covers they have them on sale every few weeks buy one get one or buy 2 get one they are great. I spent on pockets diapers over $500.00 wish I saved my money i hate stuffing pockets nowwouhave went with cover

JennyJack 03-09-2013 06:31 PM

I had planned on starting when my DS was born, and I bought a whole bunch of OS pocket diapers. Then we had to deal with a whole bunch of health issues with DS, and adding cloth diapers on too of that wasn't something I didn't feel up to handling. Finally, everything slowed down and stabilized, and we decided to cloth diaper. I bought a good number of pockets again, and while I am pleased with the ones I bought, I am actually now preferring the breath ability of wool (and am slowly making the switch). My point in saying all of that is to suggest you by a variety to start out with until you figure out what you like and the buy what you need for your stash.

ss456 03-09-2013 06:40 PM

Maybe you should do a diaper trial? It would let you try a variety without committing to buying before you know what you'll like.

theonenonlymrssmith 03-09-2013 07:24 PM

Check out www.paddedtushstats.com she's got a ton o great Info to help you decide on what kind you want and what will fit your baby best. I am a huge softbums fan myself and think everyone should try them!