Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August 2013 Weekly Chat ~ March 10-16 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498783)

stevensmom 03-10-2013 02:37 PM

August 2013 Weekly Chat ~ March 10-16

New week :)

QOTW: What's something that you'd really love to get for Baby but don't really need?

lynn97 03-10-2013 02:59 PM

I'm spoiled and I think I have everything already :hide: I plan on buying a nice swing that plus in for this baby. Poor DS had a cheap travel swing and he hated it but loved every other swing he was ever in. So a swing, I guess? (They ARE pricey enough...)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

stevensmom 03-10-2013 03:02 PM

Re: August 2013 Weekly Chat ~ March 10-16

My son loved his swing and dd hated it!

My sister is borrowing our swing right now (in their bedroom). They also have a super nice swing in their family room that I don't mind "borrowing" from them :giggle2:

I think the one thing that I don't really need is all of these Ring Slings that I have plans for :giggle2: But if I'm sending in my own fabric it's only going to cost me $25 for one.

AmberP 03-11-2013 03:25 AM

Only one? A new car lol :-) more realistically, another wrap conversion mei tai. The one I have works well, but it wasn't done professionally and the color of the wrap looks awful on me lol. It also does not have a functioning hood. So, while I love it, and I am so so so grateful to have it, I would love to have a super fancy one.

blessedwifenmama 03-11-2013 06:41 AM

So this morning when DH got out of bed to use the bathroom, I could feel baby's kicks on the outside of my tummy with my hand! Of course baby stopped kicking shortly before DH came back to bed. Hopefully he'll get to feel them soon though!

My ultrasound is this afternoon and I'm sooooo excited! Can't wait to finally see baby and hopefully find out baby's sex so we can start thinking of a name. :D I didn't realize the time change was coming this weekend when I scheduled the appointment and had been hoping my 2yo son would be able to have a nap first then go with us, but now IDK since it'll be right around the time he would be wanting to fall asleep. MIL is coming over anyway, so depending on how he is, she can either help handle him at the hospital or watch him at home while DH and I go.

AOTW: Ugh, we have such a tight budget right now that we don't have money for extras that we don't need. I did splurge on some newborn AIOs from a coop, which isn't really "necessary" since we could just use prefolds or flats, but I figure they'll be our diapers for out of the house and Daddy changes.

3 ladybugs 03-11-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 16380326)
The risk of an average person being audited is pretty low. Businesses are much more likely to get audited than individuals. Also, you have to remember that medical expenses don't get deducted dollar for dollar. We have had a lot of medical expenses the past few years and very little ended up coming off our tax bill.

We normally only do mortgage and child and me deductions. Which we also had this year as well. Even with the fact that the house is getting more paid off last year vs. the year before last, we still had more in deductions last year then we did the prior year (sadly we have had the child deduction every year since 2006). DH said he heard that taxes had went up last year but it was just a passing news story. I guess it was true. :( I am worried about my mom though because she says she normally has to pay. I told her this morning she should do taxes sooner rather then later so she can save up for it if need be before April 15.

I hope you don't get a surprise this year too! :goodvibes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 16380762)
I'm spoiled and I think I have everything already :hide: I plan on buying a nice swing that plus in for this baby. Poor DS had a cheap travel swing and he hated it but loved every other swing he was ever in. So a swing, I guess? (They ARE pricey enough...)

I loved my swing that we got for DS. I loved that it was multifunctional and had a built in blanket! :D We have the Fisher Price Zen swing. DS didn't like the swinging, but the seat we used for about 2 years! :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberP (Post 16382401)
Only one? A new car lol :-) more realistically, another wrap conversion mei tai. The one I have works well, but it wasn't done professionally and the color of the wrap looks awful on me lol. It also does not have a functioning hood. So, while I love it, and I am so so so grateful to have it, I would love to have a super fancy one.

What kind of car would you get?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama (Post 16382529)
So this morning when DH got out of bed to use the bathroom, I could feel baby's kicks on the outside of my tummy with my hand! Of course baby stopped kicking shortly before DH came back to bed. Hopefully he'll get to feel them soon though!

My ultrasound is this afternoon and I'm sooooo excited! Can't wait to finally see baby and hopefully find out baby's sex so we can start thinking of a name. :D I didn't realize the time change was coming this weekend when I scheduled the appointment and had been hoping my 2yo son would be able to have a nap first then go with us, but now IDK since it'll be right around the time he would be wanting to fall asleep. MIL is coming over anyway, so depending on how he is, she can either help handle him at the hospital or watch him at home while DH and I go.

AOTW: Ugh, we have such a tight budget right now that we don't have money for extras that we don't need. I did splurge on some newborn AIOs from a coop, which isn't really "necessary" since we could just use prefolds or flats, but I figure they'll be our diapers for out of the house and Daddy changes.

Good luck today with your ultrasound! :goodvibes: I can't wait to hear what you are having!

AOTD - I think I would say either a woven wrap, or this tub. They sadly cost about the same so I am not sure what if either I would end up with. :giggle: Normally family members send us just money for the birth of a child, because I am VERY picky. We will have to see though. He may get something after he is born though. :)

Not much happening with me today. I prepped all of my fabric over the weekend. I didn't do much sewing though. Need to get started on DS schooling today otherwise it may not happen. Oh and I just have to say it. I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!! I feel like it is 8 am right now and so I am so confused! Can't we just pick a time zone and leave it at that? If I want to travel I will not bring my whole house with me! Okay off my soap box now! :)

stevensmom 03-11-2013 09:11 AM

Jennifer I think that's the swing that my sister has too. And :jawdrop: that's an interesting tub!

blessedwifenmama (sorry don't know your "real" name :hide:) :cheer: for feeling baby on the outside! My mom keeps asking if I can feel "tie breaker" (what my dad is calling baby)...yes but no one else can. Of course I'm only 16 weeks so I figured a few more weeks. We were able to feel DS at 17ish weeks...and about that same time for dd.

Daylight savings...yesterday I was actually good! I got up when I normally would have and fell asleep when I normally would. But this morning :thud: I did not want to wake up :sadno:

3 ladybugs 03-11-2013 09:17 AM

I like the tub part. I have it and loved it with DS. I used it till he was 2. :blush: However we normally had to use it in another room other then the bathroom because our house is small. I would love to have something that I could move into the bathroom. Use it in there, then move it out and have my bathroom back. KWIM? I felt bad for DS because it is cold in the house in the winter. More so when we had little insulation in the house like when DS was little. :blush:

Andbabymakes2 03-11-2013 09:35 AM

Our budget is pretty tight as well, but I'm putting a little money each paycheck into an envelope to buy clothes, and a mattress for this lo. We have the essentials, but I'd love to buy a new high chair that slim folds. We had one and I gave it to my bff, and kept the one from when I was doing daycare since it rolled better. but in this house there is no room and ours won't stand on it's own if I fold it up. Stupid design!! lol PLus the cover is all messed up now.

Dh is home today and is working on our main bthrm. the cabinet is getting stained, and all the baseboards are getting painted and nailed into place!! Plus we glued the new mirror up and will be added molding around to frame it. Still need to touch up some of the paint too. But Yay for getting it finished!! He's a machine lately. I think he'll have the majority of the honey do list done before baby gets here!!! There's going to be sooo much left to do, since I *think* we are going to go forward with our original idea to do a larger addition to the house and open up the kitchen. I know it's more money, but with a family of 6 I think an open concept space will be wise. We aren't moving until these kids are grown, so might as well make it comfortable, right?

missydawn 03-11-2013 09:54 AM

I would really like to get a really nice stroller and infant car seat. But with money so tight I think I am just going to borrow my sil carseat and shop for a used stroller.