Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Happiest purge item (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498875)

ArronDalesMama 03-10-2013 09:13 PM

Is there something you have been eyeing to get rid of but just haven't been able to until now?

This weekend (super proud mommy moment) we purged the training wheels to DS's bike. He is 4 and today learned to ride a bike. Those things stuck out and I would tip on them They are officially in the donate box. :). Makes me so happy. No more tripping over them.

Is there something you are happy is finally gone?

GreenHome Sewing 03-11-2013 01:05 PM

I have had a tall multiple drawer cart type thing for years. This week, I purged, reorganized, and rehomed all the items in it. The cart, and a large desktop organizer are GONE!
Also let go of two small bins of items. Felt nice.

neonalee 03-11-2013 01:14 PM

Re: Happiest purge item

EVERYTHING! LOL ok, happiest one? Um, I think the stuff from my momento box from my ex-DH & the wedding dress. It's not exactly that I'm glad it's gone (since I never looked at it or tripped over it or anything) it's that I'm so happy I was able to let it go!

neonalee 03-11-2013 01:17 PM

Oh! I totally take it back, I have a better one LOL Last night I gave away a shopping bag of cloth diaper stuff to a new momma that wants to learn to cloth diaper her baby. THAT'S definitely my happiest. I directed her here to read up and told her to contact me anytime she has a question. :lostit:

rawheid 03-11-2013 02:25 PM

When we got rid of our office/sewing room. I used to hate walking by it. It was always a disaster. A wasted room. Not used often enough. It's now YDS's bedroom and my sewing stuff fits in a closet and a few tubs in the basement.

TypeAMom 03-12-2013 08:19 PM

I have 2 favorites so far. One was a pair of old shorts that used to be my moms. When I was in my early teens, I found them and tried them on. I showed her and said how I was so psyched to fit into them. She told me that she wore them when she was 9 months pregnant with me. Every time I saw them, I felt fat. I pulled my keepsake box to purge what I no longer wanted and was stunned that I still had them. I was so glad to get rid of them! My second was a family history scrapbook thing that I always felt guilty about not finding the time to do. I again picked it up and looked at the family tree that wouldn't even work with my multiple divorce extended family and was happy to donate this new book to someone who would value it.

rumblepurr 03-12-2013 08:38 PM

Most happy purge item? All the DVD cases for the kids DVD's. I got a DVD case holder, pulled the paper label from inside the plastic DVD case, inserted it into the plastic slot and DVD goes in front of it. I know the kids DVD's has absolutely no resell value due to buying them used + all the scratches to begin with. Now I don't have a stack of DVD's waiting to be put back in cases, lost cases, cases that don't close or are broken and best of all no lost DVD's. If a child wants to watch a DVD, he can sit a thumb through the pages and find the DVD he wants. The case takes up so little space, zips closed, packs away, can be removed with ease and best of all - Out of Sight Out of Mind- kids watch less tv and it's more of a special treat!

jessicanashville 03-15-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumblepurr (Post 16389564)
Most happy purge item? All the DVD cases for the kids DVD's. I got a DVD case holder, pulled the paper label from inside the plastic DVD case, inserted it into the plastic slot and DVD goes in front of it. I know the kids DVD's has absolutely no resell value due to buying them used + all the scratches to begin with. Now I don't have a stack of DVD's waiting to be put back in cases, lost cases, cases that don't close or are broken and best of all no lost DVD's. If a child wants to watch a DVD, he can sit a thumb through the pages and find the DVD he wants. The case takes up so little space, zips closed, packs away, can be removed with ease and best of all - Out of Sight Out of Mind- kids watch less tv and it's more of a special treat!

I want some!!! Where did you get them? Can you link me?!?

rumblepurr 03-15-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicanashville (Post 16400123)
I want some!!! Where did you get them? Can you link me?!?

I got it off of amazon, but I can't find the one I have. I did get it 2 yrs ago :/. This one is pretty close, but mine only has 50 or 60 places. I removed a few pages from mine because we only have about 20 kid friendly movies and one set of them is a series, Planet Earth, or something like that, and has like 6 DVD's in it:

http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Black-...ref=pd_sbs_e_5

Amandamama 03-16-2013 01:34 PM

Oh, we got rid of all our CD cases & put the CDs into a couple 3 ring binders! I now have 3 whole clear shelves!