Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due Date Discussions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Virginia moms with 2prior csections who had a vbac friendly obgyn (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499134)

Anna0623 03-11-2013 04:52 PM

Virginia moms with 2prior csections who had a vbac friendly obgyn

I need some lists of vbac friendly doctors in virginia, near virginia beach, chesapeake, norfolk. Willing to drive up to 45 minutes to a vbac friendly doctor. I will be checking my local ican and seeing if i can find up to date listings, or a phone number i can call. After calling over 8 practices and visiting two possible vbac friendly practices( who lied over the phone to have me come in and find out 2csections = automatic 3rd csection. I think one of my best bets is referral by word of mouth. Any help advice would be greatly appreciated. i had thought of a home birth but dh is not comfortable with it and to tell the truth im not completely comfortable with the idea either. thanks

Anna0623 03-19-2013 05:13 PM

Re: Virginia moms with 2prior csections who had a vbac friendly obgyn

I think I found my vac obgyn, I passed my nurse interview and scheduled my first appointment with them, already sent my records release form for my old obgyn. Just need to cancel my second appointment with old ob and see how it goes April 3rd. I can't wait.

ChocoChoco 03-19-2013 05:19 PM

I'm not in your state, but want to wish you a lot of luck. I struggled the same with OBs and nurses that misled. I also emailed 2 local ican chapters. One never replied, the other replied but didn't have any names or help to offer!! Keep contacting your ican.

I ended up moving to a new city and found a vbac friendly group....though it ended up being moot, since I've now changed my plan to a home birth with a midwife!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

2boys4me987 05-19-2013 08:35 AM

I know this is an older thread but was wondering if you could pass along the info for the VBAC friendly doctor you found. There is a chance I may be delivering up in the Norfolk area and would really like to at least try for a VBAC. Thank you so much for any info.

themaelane 07-02-2013 08:04 PM

Hey wanted to put in my 2 cents...I was trying to find a vbac friendly practice in Richmond. I ended up calling a homebirth midwife and getting her help. I knew I could never do a Hb but told her of the natural birth I desired and she was a big help.

mrseum 09-25-2013 09:05 PM

MCV @ VCU?? My first was a c/sec & they had no issues letting me natural birth my second. I know that is a little different. I'm not sure if they are out of your range, but I would schedule an appointment with the midwives if possible. They are awesome! I'm expecting. My third birth to be with them, unless we move before then.

themaelane 09-25-2013 09:14 PM

That's where I decided to go!! I'm with them now, with the MCV Midwives. 31 weeks, 3 days. :) I like them a lot. How far along are you?

mrseum 12-04-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themaelane
That's where I decided to go!! I'm with them now, with the MCV Midwives. 31 weeks, 3 days. :) I like them a lot. How far along are you?

Sorry- didn't see this! I'm 31 weeks today! Crazy... Hope you like them!

lovemuppet 12-30-2013 04:24 AM

I'm glad you found someone! Had you checked the midwives with WomenCare Center that deliver at DePaul?