Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   EPO and RRL tea (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499249)

gingerpeachee 03-12-2013 06:39 AM

EPO and RRL tea

When did you start?
How much tea?
How many capsules and what rout did you use for EPO?
Do you feel it sped up your labor?
Its my 3rd baby and the birth center is 45 minutes away..... this isn't going to make things tooo fast right?

nettepoet 03-12-2013 04:47 PM

Re: EPO and RRL tea

its a tonic that works over time so starting anytime with a cup here and there is good, but i would get serious with drinking it first 2 x/day from around 30 weeks, then up to 3 x/day at around 34-36 weeks. make sure you have the leaf, not just raspberry tea!

EPO oral and topical...i used barleans bc of their reputation for purity/expeller pressed, etc, but im sure there are other options.

i dont think these things can make stuff too too fast- your body decides that ultimately! trust your instincts to tell you when its time to go to the center...with my first my OB was yelling at me that with my first kid my labor would be AT LEAST 12 hrs, i hung up the phone and said hell no, theres a baby about to come out of me, and left for the hospital. barely 2 hrs later she was out! with my second kiddo, my mw didnt even want to check my progress bc she said she could tell from talking to me- i told her no, really, its happening, and turns out i was 7 cm!

snozzberry 03-12-2013 06:28 PM

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, I better get to it on the RRL and EPO!

EmilytheStrange 03-12-2013 07:06 PM

Usually EPO isn't recommended until full term. My doula went ahead and suggested 36 weeks even though I was going to wait until 37... but that's really the earliest I would ever start that.

With DD, I took it orally and it did nothing. I think I started at like 37 weeks and at 40, I went into labor thick and closed. A friend of mine took it orally from 36-38 weeks and was 1cm and sorta effaced at first and went into labor at 1cm and like 50% effaced. I am only doing vaginally this time - you don't have to stick a needle or anything in it - just input it as high as you can and it will dissolve. You need to wear a liner to bed (do this at bedtime), and you might need to wear a liner in the morning, depends on your body, etc.

Red raspberry leaf tea is safe for your entire pregnancy - it does not induce you. It only helps to tone your uterus. You can start it at any point. I started drinking a cup of Earth Mama's 3rd trimester tea with RRL in it at 32/33 weeks. At 36 weeks, I've increased my consumption to 2x a day. At 37 or 38 I'll go to 3 cups a day. When you start labor, my doula suggests 2 tea bags steeped in a 1/2 cup of water every hour to help with labor, but we'll see about that.

lynn97 03-12-2013 10:45 PM

What does the EPO? Is it basically a natural cervical ripening agent?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jennayoung99 03-13-2013 10:01 AM

i didnt do the RRL, but i started the EPO at 37 weeks, 1 capsule inserted and 1 orally per night. i went into labout at 40 weeks 4 days, no tears!

amb2j 03-13-2013 10:31 AM

I drank 4 cups of rrl tea/ day starting around 36 weeks. I drank maybe a cup or so a day before then starting around 34 weeks. I took 1000mg of epo orally starting around 34/35 weeks, upped it to 2000mg/day and started inserting 1000mg vaginally at night starting at full term. My labor was super easy and lasted 4 hrs compared to my first (24 hrs and very hard) where I wasn't as diligent about the rrl or epo. First was born 41 weeks, second was 38 weeks 6 days. Both babies were 8.5 lbs and had no tearing with either :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

EmilytheStrange 03-13-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 16389857)
What does the EPO? Is it basically a natural cervical ripening agent?

yes.

semen works even better :)

snozzberry 03-22-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16391981)
yes.

semen works even better :)

:blush:

Good to know!