Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   pump and dump? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499820)

brayden2020 03-13-2013 09:52 PM

pump and dump?

Ok so I have a long over due girls night out coming up. If I have a couple beers...when would it be safe to nurse again? I know they sell test strips but I wanted a general idea of how long it takes to pass thru the milk or of its even needed with only having two beers?

palsmama 03-13-2013 09:57 PM

Re: pump and dump?

If your not buzzed you can nurse. If you can drive you can nurse. No need to pump and dump. It is filtered in and out of your milk constantly. It doesn't stay in your milk. Just nurse before you leave and then your fine to nurse ( unless your drunk) when you get home. Cheers!! Happy girls night out!!

hopeangelmomof5 03-13-2013 10:05 PM

I might be wrong but I think if the alcohol is in your bloodstream it will be in your milk. So as long as the alcohol is out of your system you're fine.

brayden2020 03-13-2013 10:20 PM

Yay! Thank you girls :-)

LaurenAppenzeller 03-13-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palsmama (Post 16393561)
If your not buzzed you can nurse. If you can drive you can nurse. No need to pump and dump. It is filtered in and out of your milk constantly. It doesn't stay in your milk. Just nurse before you leave and then your fine to nurse ( unless your drunk) when you get home. Cheers!! Happy girls night out!!

this ^and 2 beers would be out of your system in 2 hrs per beer. but ya you can nurse as long as you arent still buzzed and you dont ever have to pump and dump

birdinhand 03-14-2013 09:27 AM

SOmetimes people think they need to pump and dump to get the milk out of their system faster. It is in your blood, and milk is made from your blood, so you just have to wait it out, pumping isn't going to get it out any faster.

And yes, easiest thing to remember, if you can drive, you can nurse your baby.

mrspnut82 03-14-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

this exactly

Nerissa 03-14-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

This exactly. Enjoy your night out. !!!!!!!

l_Kimmie_l 03-14-2013 10:00 AM

Many recommend a beer while nursing to help supply and let down, so I am sure 2 beers will not be an issue. I have had a couple drinks while nursing. I just make sure to not get buzzed, just enough to enjoy the taste.