Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Trained at night already??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499993)

mg5g 03-14-2013 02:38 PM

Trained at night already???

This is a WWYD -
DS is not quite 3.5 he was VERY resistant to training and then woke up one day put on underwear and that was it - trained in a day :)

He's been dry all day for about 2 weeks. I bought him some pull-ups since we are having laundry issues right now to use at night. They have the stay dry strips. My older boys were bed wetters one until around 5 maybe and the other until 9. DS3's strips are staying DRY. I am hesistant to put him in just jammies because to me he is WAY too little to be night trained and I am afraid we are setting ourselves up for soggy nights. He has no issues with wearing them - heck two weeks ago he wore a diaper 100% of the time.... so WWYD -
Keep him in a pull-up for a while yet or let him go free and hope for the best?\

As an aside DD not even 2 has decided to also start potty learning so I may go from 3 in diapers to just one in a matter of weeks :lostit:

EmilytheStrange 03-14-2013 05:07 PM

Re: Trained at night already???

I dunno... but my friend's little boy day and night trained in about 7 days at 2.5 yrs old. So, I don't think it's very difficult to believe he's night trained.

I would put him in undies at night if he's not wetting at night.

coquelicot 03-14-2013 05:25 PM

DD was night-trained just after her 3rd birthday. So I don't know if your DS is too young for it. Maybe try underwear under the Pull-up and see how it goes?

sma123 03-14-2013 05:31 PM

My ds was 2.5 when he went on the potty for the 1st time... He never wet or dirtied a diaper again. I put him in pullups at night but they were never wet so we stopped using them. He is now 5.5 and he's only had one accident (he was sick & very tired).

ktmelody 03-14-2013 05:35 PM

I have never had a bed wetter. When we stop diapers we stop them at night too. Usually in 3 days they are all dry. My ds took 7 days.

I would skip the pull ups but I have never had to use them and if he is dry then save the money. ;)

mama_to_DJM 03-14-2013 05:46 PM

How fortunate! :) My boys weren't like that (they needed pull-ups until 7ish), but my DD was. She day & night PT'd in about a week at 2.5. I say ditch the pull-ups and celebrate! :)

Shimpie 03-14-2013 05:53 PM

Try the pull ups for a week and if he's sucessful, then try underwear.

To my shock, DD night trained herself at 25 months. (I know, girls are different than boys). She started waking up with a dry diaper, so I stopped putting her in diapers for bed. She's 2.5 years old now and is fairly consistently dry at night. However, she doesn't wake up to go pee. If we sleep in past 8am, she'll wet the bed. Also, if she's sick she'll wet the bed.

I keep this mattress pad tucked over her sheets for those infrequent, but really inconvenient bed wettings.

sisu 03-14-2013 08:52 PM

My son day and night trained in the same week at 32 months. I wasn't trying to night train him but he decided he was d.o.n.e. with diapers - it's been 4 months with out a single night time accident.

mommypockets 03-15-2013 12:35 AM

Both of my girls have been dry at night from about 10-pounds. They both hated to be wet from the very beginning. If you're worried, put a cloth trainer on. Conversely, you can use a waterproof mattress protector and then just use undies.

rverrone11 03-15-2013 01:01 AM

Both my girls were day and night trained by just after 2 (except for DD1 with pooping, but that's another story where she was scared to go in the potty). Prior to putting them in undies, they were in diapers at night and neither had ever woken up with a dry diaper; they woke up with soaking wet diapers. But we decided to try undies at night anyway, and it was successful! They were just peeing in their diapers at night because they could, and once we switched to undies they held it til morning.