Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Labor, Delivery & Postpartum (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   what got you through transition (natural birth)? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500342)

steph410 03-15-2013 03:27 PM

what got you through transition (natural birth)?

I've had 2 unmedicated/natural births and planning a third (in the next few weeks!)....

does anyone mind sharing how you got through the very last part of labor- transition and also the pushing stage (if it was painful for you)?

thank you!

stevensmom 03-15-2013 03:28 PM

Re: what got you through transition (natural birth)?

my breathing and knowing that the end result was worth all the pain.

And grabbing onto dh's pants for the more painful stuff :giggle2:

Belle 03-15-2013 03:35 PM

I got through it by yelling and crying and acting like a big baby...all three times. I'm committed to natural births, but I'm not graceful about it AT ALL.

steph410 03-15-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle (Post 16399613)
I got through it by yelling and crying and acting like a big baby...all three times. I'm committed to natural births, but I'm not graceful about it AT ALL.

LOL that's kind of what I did the last time. I totally lost my composure and was basically screaming during contractions. there has to be a better way! :)

lovebabies 03-15-2013 03:47 PM

Water! Being in the tub helped me a lot, and I also held onto someone's hands (my midwife's or my husband's) when it got really intense. I'm quite vocal too, though. :) It helped me to try to keep my mouth relaxed and keep the sounds as low-pitched and guttural as possible. Kind of helps things release down below.

lovebabies 03-15-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle

Oh yeah, I've totally given up on a silent zen-like birth. Haha :giggle2:

PrettyinPink89 03-15-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle (Post 16399613)

^This!!!!^. I hummed and vocalized throughout each stage and as the discomfort intensified so did my volume. During my last push I grabbed onto my DH and I felt the poor thing jump! Ah, well. I did what I needed to :D.

nettepoet 03-15-2013 03:54 PM

two all natural births..

1st in hospital: during transition i was hallucinating that i was in the watercolor painting above the bed. i was arched backwards with my head upside down, and i imagined myself splashing through puddles of colored water on the street in the painting whilst running from an atom bomb. (yeah, i didnt have any support team at all!) the atom bomb caught me and turned into a battering ram which enveloped my body, probably because of DD's head, heh. during pushing i just wanted the baby out bc i thought i was going to DIE from pain and i felt so mad about the whole thing, i screamed, YOU WANT OUT?? GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT! the OB yelled at me about wasting my energy, but it was intense anger that got my baby out!

2nd birth at home: during transition i got flooded with endorphins and basically laughed til i pissed myself (literally). i half expected to float to the ceiling like that laughing scene in mary poppins, i was that high!! my midwives were chuckling and my husband was looking a little concerned, but ended up laughing too at my antics of OMMMMMMing, MOOOOing, crying, and laughing all together at times. during pushing (productive pushing i should say, as DS was stuck and pushing stage was a looong stressful 4 hrs) i went underwater to focus, and kept thinking of a singular thing: today, in all of history is your birthday. this is my part in it, ushering you into this world. and i thought of dark forcing back to reveal light, of dark pushing into a bright lit morning. voila!

Raspberry Kisses 03-15-2013 03:55 PM

This thread is AWESOME!!! And made me laugh! :giggle2:

I'm currently 38 weeks and will be attempting an unmedicated VBAC very soon... We'll see how it goes!

I *really* hope there are no complications and that I can actually handle the pain. :blush:

mama_to_DJM 03-15-2013 04:55 PM

Umm... oxygen? LOL No really, I wasn't handling it very well (I distinctly remember wanting out of my body!), and wasn't breathing evenly, so I got an oxygen mask. Nothing really helped me through it, I just did it because I had no choice! :)