Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Sad for a friend today... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500733)

lalakiwi7 03-17-2013 07:29 AM

Sad for a friend today...

Some dear friends of ours just lost their 9 month old to SIDS yesterday. THey had two daughters and then couldn't get pregnant for like 7 years and had two miscarriages in between. Then they finally got pregnant and had another little girl and then surprise got pregnant with their son a year later who is the light of their life. They wanted a little boy so badly. Yesterday their 14 year old went in to get him up from his nap and he wouldn't wake up. I am still in shock today and so grieved for them. Please say a prayer for their family today if you think about it. For peace and grace to walk through the next few weeks and months. This is just so heartbreaking. :(

Every day is so precious.... I am gonna squeeze my littles a a bit tighter today.

crunchymamaNY 03-17-2013 07:33 AM

Re: Sad for a friend today...

oh that's just awful! Are they sure it was SIDS? It seems that 9 months old is getting older for that, although I know it happens. How awful, I just couldn't imagine. I fear losing my kids all the time, and I keep prayers over them every day. It's so hard. I'm so sorry for their loss. How devistating!

mvp529 03-17-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalakiwi7
Some dear friends of ours just lost their 9 month old to SIDS yesterday. THey had two daughters and then couldn't get pregnant for like 7 years and had two miscarriages in between. Then they finally got pregnant and had another little girl and then surprise got pregnant with their son a year later who is the light of their life. They wanted a little boy so badly. Yesterday their 14 year old went in to get him up from his nap and he wouldn't wake up. I am still in shock today and so grieved for them. Please say a prayer for their family today if you think about it. For peace and grace to walk through the next few weeks and months. This is just so heartbreaking. :(

Every day is so precious.... I am gonna squeeze my littles a a bit tighter today.

How completely devastating. I cannot even fathom the grief. I sure will be praying for this family.

Tris 03-17-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY (Post 16403853)
oh that's just awful! Are they sure it was SIDS? It seems that 9 months old is getting older for that, although I know it happens. How awful, I just couldn't imagine. I fear losing my kids all the time, and I keep prayers over them every day. It's so hard. I'm so sorry for their loss. How devistating!

SIDS is unexplainable death, I imagine since it happened yesterday they haven't had the chance to do the tests or autopsy needed to determine cause of death :cry: Still terribly tragic, they will be in my thoughts!

stevensmom 03-17-2013 11:37 AM

:cry: We lost my cousin at 3 months to SIDS (25+ years ago)...he was at my grandmas house (she had a daycare) and when she went to go get him up from his nap he wouldn't wake up :(

That is one of my biggest fears after pregnancy. And if it truely is SIDS there is nothing that could have been done. :( In my aunt and uncles SIDS grieving group, one of the parents was an anestethiologist (however that is spelled) and their son died right in his arms of SIDS. *This is a hot topic of mine and I hate debating it :(*

Sending my love and prayers to your friends family.

lynn97 03-17-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris

SIDS is unexplainable death, I imagine since it happened yesterday they haven't had the chance to do the tests or autopsy needed to determine cause of death :cry: Still terribly tragic, they will be in my thoughts!

Yep. They may or may not get an explanation.

That is just heartbreaking. I will certainly be praying for them.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

jessicanashville 03-17-2013 03:39 PM

wow, how unbelievably sad. Praying for them.

wickedpanda 03-17-2013 06:04 PM

That breaks my heart to hear, definitely a fear of most mamas. Their family is in my thoughts, I can't even imagine how they are feeling right now.

3 ladybugs 03-18-2013 06:23 AM

How sad! Prayers for the family!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16404431)
:cry: We lost my cousin at 3 months to SIDS (25+ years ago)...he was at my grandmas house (she had a daycare) and when she went to go get him up from his nap he wouldn't wake up :(

That is one of my biggest fears after pregnancy. And if it truely is SIDS there is nothing that could have been done. :( In my aunt and uncles SIDS grieving group, one of the parents was an anestethiologist (however that is spelled) and their son died right in his arms of SIDS. *This is a hot topic of mine and I hate debating it :(*

Sending my love and prayers to your friends family.

I remember watching something a few years ago about SIDS and actually where you are has more incident of SIDS then any other region of the country. They were trying to figure out why. Didn't make much sense to me that it should be more active in one area of the country and not another. If you think about it, there are potential reasons for it to happen anywhere. :(

I hope they are able to figure out what happened. Unexplained is never an answer in my book. It just makes it that much harder to understand why. :cry:

homebirthmom 03-18-2013 07:11 AM

i have been crying on and off for a few weeks about the mom who lost her 14 month old to SIDS too. see is from the progressive parent I think. all natural mom. she had a son too. shes on facebook and there was a pic of him on there holding a stop watch to be buried with since the last movie they watched was Alice in Wonderland :(
3 months, 9 month, 14.. it can happen anytime. I cannot fathom that pain. to just have a baby taken away one minute w out any explanation. makes my heart hurt so bad.