Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   what do i tell me step son... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500753)

Armymom31 03-17-2013 10:39 AM

what do i tell me step son...

::deleted::

earthflower 03-17-2013 12:22 PM

Re: what do i tell me step son...

poor kiddo probably is so confused
, at 6 years old he probably has questions. maybe you could pretend/ignore what his mother told him and instead bring up your own convo about the dynamics of your family and how his little brother is related ect..

Tris 03-17-2013 12:30 PM

You don't do anything. Let his father know whats going on and have him work it out between him and his ex.

beckis 03-17-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris
You don't do anything. Let his father know whats going on and have him work it out between him and his ex.

Yes!

rumblepurr 03-17-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16404411)

Yeah, ex could be saying simply that they were still married and DSS is misunderstanding or it could be that she is causing drama, but, it's best to let his dad know what DSS is saying and let him address the whole issue. I wouldn't want to be the monkey in the middle of that one, and have everyone end up fussing at you.

Armymom31 03-17-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16404411)

What does he say to her?

rumblepurr 03-17-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armymom31 (Post 16404847)
What does he say to her?

"Hey ______, I'm concerned about DS. He has been talking about ________. What do you think is going on? Have you noticed it too? ....(her response).... I think we should ____ (whatever he thinks would correct the problem)___ to correct his misunderstanding, what do you think we should do?"

That should get the conversation started.

Tris 03-17-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armymom31 (Post 16404847)
What does he say to her?

Its up to him what to say to her. A 6 year old can understand relationships.

Legally they are married. It takes a long time through the courts to get recognized as divorced. Physically and actually they are separated. I wouldn't tell his father what to say though, honestly I'd hope he's capable of dealing with it without being walked through it.

Armymom31 03-17-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16404879)

Its up to him what to say to her. A 6 year old can understand relationships.

Legally they are married. It takes a long time through the courts to get recognized as divorced. Physically and actually they are separated. I wouldn't tell his father what to say though, honestly I'd hope he's capable of dealing with it without being walked through it.

It's been a hard long road and this is one thing in a line of many crappy things she has done to him, to us, and to dss. So I'm trying to get help BC we are both really mad at this point.

rumblepurr 03-17-2013 06:28 PM

There is to much being derived from something DSS said. All children can misunderstand what something means, and you don't know the exact words she used. Even if she did say that they were still together, it's technically not a lie, they are still married and until the divorce is final, they are together on the paperwork in the view of the gov.

It sounds like your really bothered by this. Are you afraid she wants to get back together with your BF and will not sign divorce papers now?