Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Sleep (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500821)

KCmomma 03-17-2013 02:40 PM

Sleep

How are you ladies doing? I always wake up in the middle of the night whether I'm pregnant or not, but I have just gotten to the stage where I have to wake up to roll over. What is your most comfy sleep position? You know what I have always wondered- why "they" tell you not to lay on your back while pregnant but if you got to the hospital that's where they put you? I guess the risk of cutting off blood supply really isn't that high?

stevensmom 03-17-2013 02:48 PM

Re: Sleep

I've been hit with pregnancy insomnia :(

But I find myself on my back and I feel like puking :( Which I'm normally a back sleeper. I do sleep on my left side...and I might say that sleeping on your left side definately help with digestion..I had horrid cramps last night and as soon as I laid on my left side I could feel everything moving along. :blush:

Tris 03-17-2013 03:00 PM

Sometimes when you lay on your back, it cuts off circulation to the vena cava and can make you feel like you're going to hurl or pass out. You'll wake up if you are in any "danger" to reposition yourself. I prefer to sleep on my back, but I usually have a pillow under half of me so I'm angled a bit and another pillow between my legs.

Usually at the hospital the bed isn't flat so you are propped up.

I also sleep on my side, my belly, I'm pretty much all over. I wake up to pee once a night though.

mvp529 03-17-2013 05:09 PM

Yeah, I sleep mostly on my side with a pregnancy pillow between my legs. But my problem has been drainage of mucus down the back of my throat. I don't normally have allergies but I have had a runny nose since we moved into the new house. I don't know what the deal is! As soon as I lie down, it terrorizes me the whole night! MW had no good suggestions for me. Said a neti pot or benadryl. I can't take benadryl every night and I'm scared of the neti.

blessed1018 03-17-2013 06:30 PM

I can't ever get comfortable. :( My hips hurt SO BAD and my sciatic nerve on both sides is nuts. I have not been able to get to the chiro for one reason or another. So I am always waking up.

UVASahm 03-17-2013 06:35 PM

Ddc, I have horrible insomnia whether I'm pregnant or not. My doctor said I can take unisom or Tylenol pm with no effect on the baby. Also, you can sleep on your back. You will wake up and change positions before anything happens to the babe. Also told to me by my doc. Have I mentioned I love my doctor! :)

Andbabymakes2 03-17-2013 07:50 PM

I wake up a lot and sleep really light. Not that good deep sleep. I always deal with sinus issues while pg. allergies aRe bad right now too. I've found myself sleeping on my back this pg. but I toss and turn a lot bc my arms will go numb otherwise.

3 ladybugs 03-18-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 (Post 16405650)
I wake up a lot and sleep really light. Not that good deep sleep. I always deal with sinus issues while pg. allergies aRe bad right now too. I've found myself sleeping on my back this pg. but I toss and turn a lot bc my arms will go numb otherwise.

I don't get numb but I could have written this post! :giggle: I also get nose bleeds EVERY NIGHT!! Can't wait for the warmer months so I can open the window and get a bit of moisture in the house!

Last night I got a good night sleep but it just scared me when I woke up because Nathaniel wasn't kicking me. So I woke him up. :D Now he is back to sleep.

wickedpanda 03-18-2013 04:13 PM

I'm having issues getting comfortable. I started sleeping with my body pillow between my knees but it hasn't really helped my hip and back pain. With DS I had pretty bad hip pain and the joint would lock up for a few seconds every time I got up from a seated position, really hoping I don't have to go through that again.

lalakiwi7 03-18-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessed1018 (Post 16405427)
I can't ever get comfortable. :( My hips hurt SO BAD and my sciatic nerve on both sides is nuts. I have not been able to get to the chiro for one reason or another. So I am always waking up.

um ya the whole hip pain thing majorly going on over here too. My lower back and hips feel like they are gonna split and I can't lay on my side for too long or I get sore. I don't really remember any of this with DD.... wondering if I was just younger, less aware, or just optimistically happy at all times. I usually am out for the first 4-6 hours and then around 4-5 am wide awake for a few and then can fall asleep just as its time to get up with the kiddos. :goodvibes: joy joy joy!!

I might go get a massage since everything seems to be aching the past few days. I saw the chiro last week but not sure I feel any better yet. I already sleep with 5 pillows!!! I have one for the belly, one for the back, in between my legs and two for my head. ha :)