Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Favorite Maternity Clothes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1501151)

FairSailing188 03-18-2013 02:21 PM

Favorite Maternity Clothes?

I seem to be expanding pretty quickly with this little one, and am looking into maternity clothes. I got mostly hand me downs with my DS, so I didn't really get to pick. My MIL bought a few pairs of pants for me from Pea in the Pod, but they are sort of ill fitting, like they're made for 5'11 skinny mamas. Anyway, I'm about a size 16-18 and looking for some recommendations for other places to shop for maternity clothes. They don't have to be dirt cheap but I'm not looking to spend $100 on a pair of maternity jeans. TIA!

Lyric 03-18-2013 07:28 PM

Re: Favorite Maternity Clothes?

Just wanted to say we have the same due date 10/24/13. My favorite is Motherhood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairSailing188 (Post 16408625)
I seem to be expanding pretty quickly with this little one, and am looking into maternity clothes. I got mostly hand me downs with my DS, so I didn't really get to pick. My MIL bought a few pairs of pants for me from Pea in the Pod, but they are sort of ill fitting, like they're made for 5'11 skinny mamas. Anyway, I'm about a size 16-18 and looking for some recommendations for other places to shop for maternity clothes. They don't have to be dirt cheap but I'm not looking to spend $100 on a pair of maternity jeans. TIA!

bebeboy03 03-19-2013 07:26 AM

If youre looking for jeans, Gap maternity jeans rock! You actually order your regular size instead of S,M, or L. Look for the 30-40% off emails and you can get them decently priced.

AtLeast 03-19-2013 09:12 AM

Gap are really great, but I've had pretty good like with Planet Motherhood off Walmart's website. If you go online (not in-store) they have some pretty good maternity clothes. I've ordered tanks and tees and jeans and liked them all. I like Old Navy maternity best, though. I hate the new material they use for the belly panel at Motherhood. Slides right off my hips.

Ruthk33 04-20-2013 07:38 PM

I fit really well into Liz Lange stuff, they sell that at Target. I like Motherhood too. Everything I have except one pair of jeans I got from resale shops and I saved a ton of money. Everything was like new and I don't think I paid over $11 for one item. I hope this helps.

lisathib123 04-21-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthk33
I fit really well into Liz Lange stuff, they sell that at Target. I like Motherhood too. Everything I have except one pair of jeans I got from resale shops and I saved a ton of money. Everything was like new and I don't think I paid over $11 for one item. I hope this helps.

Welcome to this board! I only buy from resell shops too :-) everything I buy is less than $5. I did buy a few things from eBay, but you pay more and don't know if they will fit.

Ruthk33 04-21-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisathib123

Welcome to this board! I only buy from resell shops too :-) everything I buy is less than $5. I did buy a few things from eBay, but you pay more and don't know if they will fit.

I've seen a few things on eBay that I like but like you said we then run the risk if it not fitting. I think I'm gonna go resale shopping pretty soon to get ready for summer. Lots of nice sundresses should be cool. And I'll probably splurge on a good swimsuit. I have a feeling I'll be by the pool a lot.

lisathib123 04-22-2013 04:59 AM

I did just buy two swimsuits and one pair of shorts off eBay for $18. I figure there are not many swimsuits to choose from to begin with, so if they fit a little funky.....it's okay. We swim year round and the swimsuits are sm and med. I should get use out of both. Thank You Lord for that big deal :-)

UVASahm 04-22-2013 05:20 AM

I second the old navy. They fit the best. I have found that some of their clothes don't fit by the end because I get very big. It fits great now, but by the end my belly starts to show on the bottom which is HATE!

Alikhlas 04-24-2013 08:23 PM

I just ordered a bunch of things online from old navy and got a great deal! $70 for 6 tops, a pair of pants, and a winter coat. Also Walmart online has some cute stuff.